OUTBOARD MOTOR STAND

Good are Innocent so they invented Justice. The Evil are Guilty so they invented Mercy.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Heck Joat, I always thought the back end of the boat was a perdy good place to keep the boat motor. :~)

Reply to
Leon

JT, Thanks for this one.

While I do agree with Leon, a couple of these {albeit a bit narrower} will do nicely for winter storage and maintenance. Especially since I now have two small motors to care for.

Regards & Thanks, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

Reply to
Ron Magen

RE: Subject

If some one needs one, let me know.

After someone stole my 10HP O/B, don't have much use for the wheeled stand I built.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

BUT did ya ever get em runnin? BTW i always use a 55 gallon drum. that way if i need to start it to make adjustments or whatever it will be in water.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

While finishing my EMT training in NC, I got to intern at the local Emergency Room. Guy came in with his hand all wrapped up in a towl, said he was working on an outboard motor that he had in a 55 gallon drum. Couldnt tell if the prop was turning since the exaust from the engine was bubbling the water, so he stuck his hand down in there.

Those were some pretty nasty stitches, his hands were really calused (sp?) and the major cut was from the bottom of the palm across his hand and up the thumb to the tip. Doc had a hard time getting the needle through the skin.

Something I always keep in the back of my head when I'm working on my boat.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Eller

Skeez, They BOTH run, and very well, thank you. Hence my comment about 'maintenance' - as in 'Preventative Mantainence'. Always add a 'Fuel Preservative' and run the carb dry after use.Check, clean and/or replace plugs at both beginning and end of 'season'. Change 'lower end' oil similarly. Clean, wax, cover, & store upright over the winter, etc.

With a 'rack' I can use a 15 or 25 gal trash can. Just deep enough to cover the water intake to check / clean the pump. No need to go much above idle, and have a hose supplying 'make-up' water. These are rather small motors - for small sailboats - 6hp and 3.5hp.

Regards & Thanks Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {People are amazed that they always start on the first or second pull }

"skeezics" wrote SNIP

SNIP Especially since I now have two small motors to care for.

SNIP

Reply to
Ron Magen

sorry bout that. i was askin JT. i sent 2 small outboards his way last year. he was gonna get his boys to get em running.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

Sat, Apr 24, 2004, 8:53pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hothotmail.com (skeezics) says: sorry bout that. i was askin JT. i sent 2 small outboards his way last year. he was gonna get his boys to get em running.

Decided to drop in, and spotted this. Nope. However, I do think they're gonna start on the Luv. Hehehe I've kinda got them in a corner. About time.

I see the trolls are still trying to act cool. And, failing miserably. They're so lame it's pitiful. They are really sad individuals. In a way, they make me think of cockroaches.

I now have wood knobs, for the gear shift, and turn signal, for my GMC. LOL

Later

JOAT The intelligence suffers today automatically in consequence of the attack on all authority, advantage, or privilege. These things are not done away with, it is needless to say, but numerous scapegoats are made of the less politically powerful, to satisfy the egalitarian rage awakened. ~ Wyndham Lewis

Reply to
J T

Dont feel too bad. I havent done anything with those handsaws either. wish my son was here so i could blame that on his lazy a##!!!!!.lol..

skeez

Reply to
skeezics