jointer

The mini van is why I made my snarky remark... "That set-up redefines "portable jointer..." ;~)

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Does the boat/wife come with the jointer? Please send pictures of boat/ wife. :-)

Reply to
Leon

t - the picture shows it in the back of a >>> minivan. >> >> When I looked at the picture, I couldn't figure out where it was! %-) > > My first though t when I saw the picture was "why does this guy have a jointer in his boat? "

And post specs, as to what phase the wife is in. Draft, of the boat, is op tional.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Bill, the ad was originally posted 10 days ago and updated 2 days ago, so it still may not be sold, yet. They posted "preferred contact by email, only", which is the only method for contact, anyway. Keep emailing them.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Okay, I'll give it another try. I will leave out "difficult questions" this time...

Thanks, Bill

Reply to
Bill

Would you expect it's motor to have been replaced once or twice by now (assuming 1950s origin)?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I feel like just surrounding myself with cast iron makes me more attractive! ; )

Reply to
Bill

On 07/30/2014 11:30 AM, Bill wrote: ...

No. I've an even earlier vintage hybrid Walker-Turner/Delta shaper w/ the original motor still...

Reply to
dpb

Not necessarily.

If I had to guess, it's likely a 2HP/220v, and an even, or better, chance of being original.

Reply to
Swingman

The plug from what I could tell looks like 110V three prong to me altho it isn't conclusive as the picture angle is from the plug prong end but sorta' a side view; possibly it is dual-voltage so could convert to 240V.

Ewww...just went to recheck my conclusion and "posting has been deleted by author"...looks like deadhorse country here now...

Reply to
dpb

Never stopped us before. ;)

You guys getting enough rain?

Reply to
Swingman

Two email messages from me, and no replies. Thank you for the update.

Reply to
Bill

Chuckle...indeed! :)

"Enough"? No chance. Despite their three-day alarms of flood warnings and promises of 2" or more, we got only about a half-inch in a tiny little shower of

Reply to
dpb

Speaking of rain, looks like L.A. solved it's water shortage, let the infrastructure crumble and you get plenty of water. ;~)

Interesting, in earth quake country, that the multi multi million renovation of the GYM at UCLA did not consider the age and condition of near by water mains. IIRC the cost was about what was spent to build our base ball park. Ironic.

Reply to
Leon

On 07/30/2014 10:31 PM, Leon wrote: ...

Saw the footage. Didn't say, but that was a sizable main...

Reply to
dpb

On 07/30/2014 6:23 PM, dpb wrote: ...

The radar map has reset by now of course and I don't know of any way to retrieve an archive view...

The one added note is that there is at least one difference this year from the previous two severe drought years is that at least this year there is rain around the area whereas two years ago there wasn't much all the way to almost the Mississippi east. Last year it finally began some Wichita and east. This year it's at least been in the area so maybe we're finally beginning to see a change in the cycle. Last year was driest we've had here at the farm in the 100-yr including the Dirty-30s of

Reply to
dpb

Very large and very old, it leaked 5% of the daily water usage for L.A.

Reply to
Leon

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Reply to
Swingman

So're we... :(

Out of the 5.28", 3.03" was June and 1.53" July or all but a little over

1" (2" counting the March snow) for the first 6 months of the year.

April and May which should be our two wettest months were 0.33" and

0.65", respectively. We've not had a decent thunderstorm, our normal primary mode of rainfall, in 3+ years now. No tornadoes or hail which is good, but no rain of any significance to go along with that that is the redeeming feature of the severe weather season for the southern High Plains.
Reply to
dpb

Finally saw an article last night that actually had some (hopefully reasonably accurate) facts other than the "golly, gee! look at the water!" kind of reporting. It was/is "only" a 30" main and 90 yo -- both slightly beyond moderate in the scale of things...said there is about 200 mi of 60 yo and older distribution line in LA. Surprised isn't more than that altho LA is pretty new for the most part.

NY in January had a 36" line break in Greenwich Village. That main was put in in 1877. Much of the main feed system dates to roughly the same time or even earlier and are as large as 14-ft diam. I think the oldest aqueduct, the New Croton finished around 1890, is largely now replaced altho still operational.

Reply to
dpb