Jet dust collector canister questions

I have the JET DC1100CK dust collector and looked at replacing the canister for the unit. I have cleaned it a number of times already and had questioned replacing it until I looked up the cost. The best price is $200. which is half the price of the unit. I have had the unit for over a year now and have filled the bag under the canister a dozen or so times. Do users on these unit just continue cleaning them or has anyone found a better price on them Thanks

Reply to
Keith

I have the DC1100C. Looks like the same unit as yours. The filter should last for years. Swing the "paddle" that flaps against the filter ribs for a few revolutions and blow the accumulated dust out frequently. I do it after several bag changes. I put a "Turbo" collector on a garbage can in front of the unit and it makes bag changing less frequent.

I have had debri punch holes in the large plastic hose that carries dust from the impellor to the bag and the plastic bags tear once in a while. I'm still using the bags that came with it and am looking for tougher replacements. Anyone have a source?

Jim

Reply to
Woodhead

Tiring of the tears in the plastic bags - and running out of them in conjunction with my tightwadedness - I placed my plastic bag inside an old metal trash can I had sitting around. Not only does this help with containing the debris from escaping a bag puncture, but it makes carting the shavings to the outside recycle bin easier as well as cutting down on DC noise. Here's a pic:

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Had mine for 3(?) years now and have no intention of replacing it any time soon. Use the internal paddle, use a medium-stiff bristle brush and compressed air on occasion. There's no reason it shouldn't last a very long time without abuse or damage.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Reply to
Pat Barber