Re: Jet canister dust collection

I'm going to get a dust collector for my shop. The onieda system is a

>little expensive for me, but I'm interested in the Jet cannister >collector. Specs look good. Does anyone have one of these unit? >Feedback appreciated. TIA.

if your willing to do some work make the cyclone yourself. You will have a better system and a better filter. it will move more air too. easier to dump the can.

Steve Knight

but mine does it with over 40 feet of pipe and I just take the barrel out from under the cycle dump it and put it back. even easier (G).

Reply to
Steve Knight

I picked up the 1.5 horse canister Charlie. Probably the same one you are looking at. Going to hook it up this weekend.

Reply to
Bob Gramza

bill the author of that page made it for me. he was worried about my health (G)

oneida is spendy. this system is pretty cheep to setup. the fitters cost about

162.00 and the blower well that depends on if you get a 2hp 12" fan or the 14" but I have no dust exiting my system now and I don't need a air cleaner along with the dc.
Reply to
Steve Knight

first 4" inlet and outlet will be way too small. how big is the impeller? I have a 9" inlet on the blower on my cyclone.

the actual cyclone. this page has lots of links to the parts needed.
you can see lots of pics of my setup. or I can email them to you.

Reply to
Steve Knight

I might give this a shot. I work in a fabrication shop so I can laser cut and fab the unit pretty easily. I would need the impeller, motor, etc, but it would be cheaper that the onieda (& maybe the Jet). Does anyone else have experience building this unit or the WOOD cyclone?

Reply to
Charlie

this cyclone is far better designed and more effient then the wood one. I really did not see much fo any loss going from my regular dc to the cyclone. once I got the cartridge filters I saw a pretty big improvement.

Reply to
Steve Knight