Re: Aftermarket filter for Oneida cyclone?

Are there any sources, besides Oneida, for replacement internal filter

>cartridges for the Oneida 1.5 HP cyclone dust collector?

I doubt it. the design was on the dumb side. way too much chance of plugging up the filter fast. Plus a bigger filter will let more air pass through.I would see if you can get the parts to make it into an external filter design.

Reply to
Steve Knight

According to Oneida, the lifetime of the external filter is about two to three times that of the internal filter -- but it costs twice as much, too, and I'd have to buy some sheet-metal adapters before I could use it. So I doubt that I'd be saving much money, if any, over the long run, which of course is my primary objective in looking for alternate sources for the internal filter.

Doug Miller