Ideas for reinforcing plastic chip bucket (DC)

I've been using my homemade chip bucket (standard Rubbermaid plastic garbage can) for about a year without problems. Well the output hose to the dust bag fell off and it sucked the garbage can flat. There must have been some blockage input side, as I havn't seen this before. Of course now that it's been flattened once it does not want to stay upright.

I'd like to avoid the hassle of building another can (fittings etc), so does anyone have any brilliant and simple ideas for reinforcing it? I was considering some MDF rings, bur I was concerned that they would decrease the dropout of the smaller particles.

Reply to
Bill Stock

Not if you mount the rings on the outside. I'd suggest a ring at the top and bottom connected with 4 or 5 vertical strips. You could substitute a plywood circle for the bottom ring, which would give you a surface to mount some casters.

Reply to
mp

I already have a top ring of sorts. My DC (1 HP) sits on top of an MDF lid with a groove routed for a friction fit. Suction is through a 45 degree elbow in the side (cheap cyclone).

So your idea is perfect. I could either add legs to my lid or add a base and use allthread to keep them apart.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
Bill Stock