I Give Up

What in tarnation does SWMBO stand for? And the correct answer won't be "not for much".

Reply to
Len

She Who May Be Ovulating

Reply to
Bridger

Single White Male Buying Osage

Reply to
John Moorhead

She Who Must Be Obeyed

Reply to
Woodshavings

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed. There's a site somewhere that defines all these but I forget what it is. Perhaps a Google search.

Reply to
Larry

some women must bicker overtime

Reply to
Eric Johnson

Andrew May
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Stoned woodworkers must be obliterated.

Nah..... SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED...... a term used by those whose wives wear the pants.

darfc

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

I have a detailed explanation at my website, even though you've already gotten the Cliff Notes answer here.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

She Who Must Bend Over

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Actually it stands for:

She Who Must Be Obeyed

See:

more info.

Reply to
WoodChuck34

Here's my top 10...

  1. Sanded, Worked, Milled, Buffed, Oiled
  2. Simple Wooden Moulding Bonded On
  3. Some Work Might Be Ordinary
  4. Spruce, Walnut, Mahogany, Bubinga, Oak
  5. Suppose Wood Made Buyers Offended?
  6. Stationary Woodworking Machine Bought Online
  7. Suprised When My Bride Offers
  8. Spalted Wood May Be Oiled
  9. Starting Woodworkers Mostly Buy Oak
  10. Spouse Who May Bitch Often

I know, some are a stretch...

Jay

Reply to
Jay

I'd say in you case Jay, that it's Sanskrit for too much time on your hands. :)

Reply to
Upscale

LOL

Reply to
Len

GO! Right now out to your shop and make some sawdust! You NEED it bad!

Reply to
Mark Hopkins

Reply to
Wouter Overmeire

it comes from the British book( rumpole on the bailey) it's what the title character calls his bossy wife. She who must be obeyed.

Reply to
leonard

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Now THAT's a picture!

Actually, it's "Rumpole OF the Bailey" :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Frankly, it originally came from one of the old H.Rider Haggard novels in reference to a female leader of a tribe in Africa, and stands for

SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED

John

Reply to
John Crea