How to spray shellac?

I'm ready to try spraying white pigmented shellac as a seal coat for painted cabinets. I'm tired of trying to brush it on because of the very rough finish that then has to be sanded. I know I'll never get away from sanding, but I'd like to speed up the application and the sanding processes

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Steve

Try padding it.

Does anyone have a link to the video O'Deen posted in this thread?

It appears that klownhammer.org has gone dark.

It was a superb little clip showing exactly how to apply shellac.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I cut it to 1/2 lb.

Easy to brush, quick to dry.

Minimum sanding req'd.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I spray BIN right from the can. Depending on the project, I use my cheapie HF HVLP turbine or a critter.

Try a practice panel, as there's not much to tell. I just spray relatively wet coats and remove dust nibs with a cork block and 400 grit.

**
**

B A R R Y