Polyurethane over Shellac

I posted a question yesterday about pine conditioning prior to staining, and some suggestions were to apply a 1# cut of shellac as conditioner to even out the pore absorption.

That's something I'll try on scrap, but I would like to verify that I can go over it with polyurethane as a finish coat(s).

Thanks.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

As long as it is dewaxed shellac you can.

Reply to
MikeG

Thanks. Will shellac tend to yellow or darken over time?

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Reply to
David