how long before I can whine?

Actually, I'd rather see a USB dongle for copy protection on Win XP than the stuff they're doing now.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

I am waiting on a part that was not in the box when I bought something, 8 weeks now....

going to bite the bullet and MAKE the stupid thing... --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

Yeah, who ever reads that crap anyway? :)

Kind of a double edged sword, that. I wish I had been able to buy this from Lee Valley, but OTOH, I'm glad Lee Valley doesn't sell crap like this. If they started selling el-cheapo crap, they wouldn't be Lee Valley for very long.

No gloat, but yes, they're a lot better than what I had. Lathe tools, if you must know. They're about 700% better than what I had, which tells you how bad the ones I had were. They're really not half bad tools, and will probably last a long time.

The hell of it is that it shipped from the very same place I almost stopped by. Dillon, SC. That place looks pretty huge.

Reply to
Silvan

Well, yeah, I'll agree with that. I wasn't stealing Windows, and theoretically had "nothing to fear" from all those measures, but I found them a pill too bitter to swallow just on principle. Instead of XP, I switched to Linux.

Unfortunately, Microsoft never noticed that they lost a customer. It felt good anyway. Enough is enough.

Reply to
Silvan

Peach Tree maybe. Definitely not CAD anything. Dad is a grocer.

Reply to
Silvan

I keep trying to switch to Linux, but the software I need just isn't out there. If the Linux community could come up with a one disk, automatic install that would be as easy to install and configure as XP they could give MS a run for their money. It really wouldn't take too big a customer base to start seeing a lot of commercial software ported to Linux.

I spent a lot of years making Unix, Linux, VMS, RSTS, NT4.0 systems and networks function. Now I just need something that works without me tying to remember all sorts of weird configuration stuff.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 01:07:32 -0500, Silvan brought forth from the murky depths:

Don't tell me that you spent nearly $12 to have the $9.99 set sent to you weeks later. What, you say you bought the $29.99 set? (Prolly the same metal with nicer handles, eh?) Please don't tell me that. I can't stand hearing stuff like that.

How are the bruises on your backside healing, sir? (You HAVE been repeatedly kicking yourself in the ass over this one, have you not?)

Don't forget the 7 P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance ----------------------------------------------------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques