Hitachi M12V Sale!

Just thought I'd give everyone a big heads up on the sale on the Hitachi M12V 3-1/4HP variable speed plunge router on Amazon. The sale price is $159.99 PLUS if you use the Hitachi promotion code of THHTACBBK337 (see the Hitachi brand page on Amazon for details...promotion good until Dec. 31) you'll get another $25 off. If you then select "Free Super Saver Shipping", then you'll get this router shipped to your door for $134.99! That to me seems like a screaming deal for this router, especially after reading all of the mostly positive reviews on Amazon and this newsgroup's archives.

PJ

Reply to
PJ

Wow - that seems like a screamingly good deal. And it appears that most of the reviews here have been positive. One question though - if you are thinking of using it exclusively in a table, is it necessary/recommended that you also purchase the Height Adjustment Knob to the tune of $25? Anyone know if there's a cheaper way of obtaining the same results - ie. is it just a threaded piece of metal that you could duplicate or get in a hardware store?

Thanks.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

On Thu 04 Dec 2003 06:58:57p, Jay Pique wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm absolutely certain there's a way to build your own height adjustment thingee. But I'll probably never know, seeing as how I noticed this statement at the bottom of the page after I bought mine:

Bonus: Includes a free accessory package and a height adjustment knob, an $84 value, when you purchase this Hitachi router from Amazon.com.

From the picture, it looks a lot like the knob on the Freud.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

A very nice spring loaded height adjustment knob is included with the router.

Reply to
AL

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

By chance, does it accept 1/4" shank bits? I read the specs and I didn't see anything about it. I've got a couple favorites that I like, and they're

1/4's. If it does, then it's on my want list.
Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Yep! They send an adaptor with it. Do NOT lose it.

\>By chance, does it accept 1/4" shank bits? I read the specs and I didn't see

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

If you do lose it, Lee Valley has shiny replacements for $2-$3.

Reply to
AL
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

No big deal....we sell the replacement for $4.95

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN

I just got one of the M12Vs from Amazon with the sale and rebate. Great deal on that router. In the package with the reciept was a $10 coupon. I used it to buy a Porter Cable 690LRVS, which was also on sale for $139, so it was $129 shipped to my door. The funny thing was that I normally wait a week or two for shipping when using the Super Saver shipping from Amazon. This time I got both tools within three days.

steve

Reply to
hai-chuan, tung