Router lift for Hitachi M12V?

Has anyone used a router lift device on a Hitachi M12V? I have had one in my router table for several years and would like to have a lift device, but they are a little pricey and I want to hear from someone who has had a positive experience.

Dick Durbin Tallahassee

Reply to
Olebiker

I haven't installed one, but I've seen the Router Raizer on the M12V, and it is really nice, and it has gotten a lot of good reviews. But I can't find it for less than $90!

I'm thinking about putting it on mine. Let me know what you come up with.

Reply to
David Lawler

Dick

The Woodpecker plunge lift is about as good as you can get and the price isnt too bad at $129.95.

own router is a Bosch 1619 but they also have one specifically for the Hitachi M12V. The mechanism is very smooth and solid, and cranks easily from above the table. The plate is 3/8 aluminum and quite rigid. You'll probably want to purchase the 2" insert to go along with the 3 that come with it. By removing the inserts altogether you can swing 3-1/2" panel raisers with no problem. All in all I consider this to be one of my better acquisitions.

Nope, no affiliation, just a satisfied woodbutcher.

Reply to
LP

I bought a Router Razier to install onto my TR12 (non variable speed hitachi). It took me a bit longer then instructions, however it was easy. I use this on my router all the time in the table. My "insert" is two pieces of 1/4" hardboard glued together and drilled out. If it flexes I don't see it. Cost was basically $2.00 worth of scraps.

You can still plunge the router with the router razer, so if you want to take it out of the table it is an option.

Alan

Reply to
arw01

Reply to
nospambob

replying to LP, Joey Bagah wrote: Well, wood Pecker,,, (mask and gun not needed) is getting 300 plus for there lift,, razor is gettng 90 dollars for a few nuts and bolts but all needed for it to work,, (read overpriced) so back to the old way until I win the Lottery

Reply to
Joey Bagah

Google "DIY router lift".

Reply to
J. Clarke

JessEm gets over twice that for their Mast-R-Lift Excel. Purdy stuff, though.

Reply to
krw