Hey JT! Single Shot Actions - Their Design And Construction, on eBay now

Sat, Sep 1, 2007, 3:53pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net (bynot) did poseth thusly:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been looking for a copy of that for a long time. In fact, I've only seen one copy for sale, that was for going on $300, and not signed. Very limited printing. Somehow the family lost the printing rights, and the publisher with the printing rights does not intend to print more. So this book has info that will never show up again.

I supposedly had eBay sending me notice if this ever showed up, they didn't. Now if I can just get PayPal to work, so I can pay for it. Otherwise I'll have to pay by mail. So thank you. May the Gun Gods bless you; I'm not sure the Woodworking Gods are too interested - they just like to shoot.

See guys, I'm not such a cheap bastard after all.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

You're welcome and lucky that your post was still on my server. As a matter of fact, I haven't been in the group for quite a while and downloaded 40,000 messages on Saturday to just to read your "Inspirations" looking for interesting projects and off-topic stuff. And, I just happened across the old post requesting this book. After a quick search and even quicker eBay search and voila!, good news for you. Congratulations, Tony B.

> Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been looking for a copy of

Reply to
bynot

Sun, Sep 2, 2007, 7:11am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.net (bynot) doth sayeth: You're welcome and lucky that your post was still on my server. As a matter of fact, I haven't been in the group for quite a while and downloaded 40,000 messages on Saturday to just to read your "Inspirations" looking for interesting projects and off-topic stuff. And, I just happened across the old post requesting this book. After a quick search and even quicker eBay search and voila!, good news for you. Congratulations,

Karma pays off. You must really be bored if you've got nothing better to do than sift for inspirations of mine. LOL Let me know if you have anything special in mind and I'll see what I can do. Most of my stuff is non-wood related - I'm researching a project or two of my own. Now if I can just get PayPal to send my payment, so I don't have to mess with sending a money order. Thanks again.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

JT-

If you're ever in the market for a difficult to find book again

give

a try, very good source for hard to find books

signed ones but much cheaper

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Mon, Sep 3, 2007, 6:27am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (BobK207) doth sayeth: JT- If you're ever in the market for a difficult to find book again give

a try, very good source for hard to find books
no signed ones but much cheaper

I've had the abebooks link saved for quite awhile now - along with about 39 other similar links. I have, on occassion, used them all on a search for a spedific book.

You're right, that's a considerably cheaper book. Because it's a totally different book, with a different title; I've owned my copy of it for years.