Hey, a woodworking post!

I just finished and delivered a Murphy bed project to a customer. Pictures at a.b.p.w.

The bed is not very exciting as the customer wanted a large flat surface to hang material on while assembling quilts.

I do like the towers however and all the Arkansas walnut pulls. I used the same design pulls as my, earlier last year, bedroom project that I built for my wife and I. I used Cherry for those pulls.

Reply to
Leon

Leon!!

Are you saying that quilts are not exciting?? Do you have ANY IDEA how much trouble you can get into saying that around a quit person?? LOL

Just thought I would mention it.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Could you post these pictures on some other site other then A.B.P.W.??? My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.

Reply to
Rich

The whole bed "wall" swings left, covering the window and left side cabinet. I assume that "wall" has a caster on the bottom right. That's pretty neat.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

------------------- get astraweb.com

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Scratch that. Foot of the bed view. That's another cabinet in another corner of the room. Still neat, though.

For a moment, I thought the bed door opened/swung to the left. I was trying to figure out that pivot point.... LOL.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Rich wrote in news:isborg$9ti$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I paid Astraweb $10 in June of 2008 for 25GB of downloads, and I still have more than 24 GB left to download. Good retention, and in the time I've had Astraweb maybe 2 times that the servers weren't accessible fora few hours each.

Reply to
Han

Reply to
HeyBub

Spammer????? You can't be talking about Leon.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Have a couple of cups of coffee and try to get your brain involved in your posting.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Not interested in paying to see pictures. thanks but no thanks

Reply to
Rich

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Or maybe I'm humor challenged and need to get my own brain in gear.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

If some one is not willing to pay a couple of dollars a year to see pictures that is fine with me. Chances are they are already paying way more for internet service than for a news server service.

But seriously that actually filters out those that would not be serious about buying anyway.

Reply to
Leon

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Come on, for $10 you can get 75 years of abpw. My 10-spot paid for 25 GB in June of 2008. I still have 24 GB to go.

Reply to
Han

If thats your story then ok. I feel if your paying for internet service anyway why not fully utilize it to "you're" benefit. When it comes to accessing the Internet thats the only thing I want to pay for. My website hosting is free, my off site hard drive storage is free, and theres many sites that host pictures for free. Hell my Operating System is Free. I put out enough money why not benefit from the few things that are FREE.

Reply to
Rich

There are a gazillion *free* web based picture galleries out there that I see no reason whatsoever to put them on a newsgroup.... *especially* if people now have to pay for binary service. Antiquated.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Why pay *anything* when there are a ton of *free* galleries out there that are MUCH better for the viewer and user?

Reply to
-MIKE-

Yabbut, it's one pic posted and then at least seventy five "Kudo" posts praising it, even if the Pièce de Résistance is a flipping bird house made of pineywood, or some silly bow saur. Crikey...

But most clients don't have newsgroup awareness or access. Free picture posting sites are all over the internet and they're great. Some folks post pics on their own websites, too, which is better.

like Google, make you use their proprietary programs (Picasa, etc.) which can be a real PITA.

Others make you sign in, which is a PITA.

Flickr, ImageShack, and PhotoBucket are pretty cool.

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That constitutes a PITA in your life? really?

BTW you have to sign in to newsgroups, too. But you probably have your username and password already in your newsreader settings and it signs in automatically..... which is the same thing *any* web browser worth its salt does using the cookies the website stores in the browser's preference file.

Reply to
-MIKE-