Hey, a woodworking post!

Whoosh!

Sorry, I was commenting on the audacity of Leon to post something about woodworking.

Reply to
HeyBub

/ /// Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards Vernon Sanders Law

Reply to
willshak

The NERVE!

Reply to
Robatoy

Sorry, I was commenting on the audacity of Leon to post something about woodworking.

LOL, awful balls'y I was. And apparently a few took exception to me posting it past their pay grade. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Equally good!

This just in from email:

I stopped by the Chevrolet Dealership yesterday, for a look at the new Silverado 2011, 1500 pickup. Just for fun, I took it out for a test drive. I wanted to sense that new "feel" before they become extinct...

The salesman (a black man wearing an Obama "change" lapel pin) sat in the passenger seat describing the truck and all its "wonderful" options.. The seats were of particular interest. He explained that the seats directed warm air to your butt in the winter and directed cool air to your butt in the summer heat. Feeling like messing with him, I mentioned that this must be a Republican truck.

Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were a Democrat truck, the seats would blow smoke up your ass year-round.

I had to walk back to the dealership...Damn guy had no sense of humor.

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

----------------------------- Guess you don't go to the movies either.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Don't remember the last movie I saw. After thinking hard on the subject I came up with Matrix Reloaded. How many years ago was that? Guess your right!

Reply to
Rich

Lets see I make a simple request and I get called d*****ad. Thats what I'd expect from this newsgroup. No I don't want to argue with a d*****ad, why? This post in my opinion has gotten off topic, and I have no interest in carrying it on any further.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Probably just as well, best to keep the ten year olds away from power tools.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

FTR Rich I don't think you are a DH. ;~) But, not every one is going to be pleased no matter what I do. BUT if you would like I would be happy to e-mail the pictures to you, just let me know. They are not wonderful pictures and the main reason I did not post them to Flickr which has my better pictures.

Reply to
Leon

Guess you could call it an Anthony Weiner moment!

Reply to
Rich

Thats cool Leon. I always enjoy seeing your work and thats why I asked. Thats obvious about not pleasing the masses. But this place is getting a bit hostile lately.

Email snipped-for-privacy@rentmyhusband.biz website

Rich

Thats cool Leon. I always enjoy seeing your work and thats why I asked. Thats obvious about not pleasing the masses. But this place is getting a bit hostile lately.

=============

Don't let one rotten apple spoil the whole barrel.

Reply to
Eric

Any time you want to see something make it a point to ask me specifically.

Reply to
Leon

lighting, so I added them to Flickr.

Leon

wondering after looking at the pictures. I'm getting ready to put together a pre-made Murphy Bed for a customer. I completely remodeled the room its going into with high baseboard and custom cabinets for a 2 desktop workstation area. Is it better to have the Murphy Bed sit up against the wall without the baseboard installed? I haven't installed the baseboard on that side yet and was thinking it better to have the baseboard installed up to the cabinets on either side.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich

> Was wondering after looking at the pictures. I'm getting ready to put

Rich if the bed is like most any other fold down bed the top is going to have to be securely attached to the wall. This keeps the whole thing from coming down on top of you when you pull the bed down. So that you can easily lift the bed back into the closed position there is a lot of stored energy. When pulling the bed down that is quite a bit of force pulling away from the wall at the top of the unit and probably an equal amount pushing towards the wall at the bottom.

I strongly recomend that the bed not be pushed up against the baseboard. It should fit as close and flat against the wall as possible. On my installation for my customer I simply cut a notch at the back bottom of the bed side columns to let the base board continue unobstructed in case they wanted to relocate the bed and so thew would not not have to patch the base board. This also gave me some left and right leeway with out having to deal with the base board. The side cabinets simply push up next to the bed assy. and up to the base board.

Reply to
Leon

to install? (How can they get nearly $300 for that?)

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

>>> Was wondering after looking at the pictures. I'm getting ready to put

Thats what I thought. I'll install the bed and cabinets on either side first, then install the baseboards ( 7" high ) on each side to complete. I have an extra piece of baseboard already painted to fit the wall in case they ever decide to relocate the bed or just remove it.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich

I have the hardware I just haven't built the bed yet. Once you look in the box, the $300.00 price tag seems rather reasonable. The hardware package is very complete and well made. The instructions are the best I have seen in a long time.

Reply to
CW