Hello from a stranger.

I will first introduce myself.

At the moment I am under the pseudonym Bresail. I live on the island of Bressay in Shetland. I also have a question. I would like to buy myself a router, there are price constraints, (low pension)

The router will be mostly used for dovetail work. I have just seen a Jcb 1500w for sale. Would this be good enough for the job?

Any suggestions or alternative advice are welcome.

Reply to
bresail

Hi, welcome stranger.

Almost any router, except maybe the knockoff cheapies, will do for making dovetails, but some will be easier to set up, change bits, etc. If you are going to use a commercial dovetail fixture, it will probably need guide bushings, so make sure they are available and good quality. Then make sure you get good quality bits. Practice on scrap. Good luck. There is almost nothing better than a router for making sawdust.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Peterson

I'd suggest a used quality router over a new cheapie.

bridger