HD Bessey Tradesman clamp experience

Thanks for pointing that out, I was wondering when someone would question how exactly volunteering one's time to a for-profit corporation constituted a sense of community. Now, Sam hiring those folks for a decent wage, allowing them the chance to get out and mingle with people

-- that would constitute a sense of community.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

I don't know how big your area is But I live in a small town where the Older people (retirees) spend their time volunteering so that they can see people.

Reply to
Young_carpenter

Damn Dave, all I can say is your side of DC must get better people than my side. If I could find someone, anyone in the College Park MD store it would be amazing. But if that did happen the chances of heving a conversation in English would be even more amazing. Oh well.

My brother actually worked at HD for a few months. He is a carpenter by trade and blew out his back. He said the CP HD was the worst he had ever seen. Of course they treated him like crap at his store in Ft Meyers Fl as well. Didn't pay him near what someone else mentioned here either. He quit in discust after a few months. Maybe some managers make use of there employees, I don't know. Here they don't have a clue and really why would they the regesters are slammed with people all day without trying.

Reply to
John

Thanks a bunch Bob!!

I'd just been looking for a decent price on Bessey Tradesman clamps. Today I swang by HD and checked... The only had a dozen or so left but the guy looked on the computer at all the local stores and ... well, I went to the three closest stores and now I guess I need to find something to make with

80 clamps :-) I'm going to have to look up those articles that say you can never have too many clamps before my girlfriend sees them. Maybe I'll have to plan a spiral staircase like on their website, ahh, for the hanger? The auto-leveling in my little M5 got a workout on this one.

Way cool!

mark

Reply to
markm