Bessey Strap Clamp

Last week I bought a few of the Bessey K clamps that were/are on sale at Home Depot. I also got a Bessey Strap clamp. I had never used one but it looked like it might be a good one for using when I make planters for SHMBO. I used it this weekend and it worked great. I went out and found another one at the 5th HD store in the area (San Jose). It was marked down from somewhere in the thirties to $18.00. (It is $36.99 right now at Amazon). I made one planter that was 5 sided and the strap clamp was just right. I am going to get a few more of the corner pieces cuz it only comes with 4 and I like to make many sided planters. Last year, just to practice my angle cuts I made a series of planters with

4,5,6,7,and 8 sides. I need to make a few more to "justify" this latest purchase. Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Farley

Ahh, the mentality of the Normite. Fall in love with a particular tool and then you have to go looking for projects to justify its existence. I understand completely. I've been a Normite for a long time. Even though I currently live in an apartment and don't have a workshop, it's still in my soul aching to get out.

Reply to
Upscale

you know, you can buy extra corner pieces on their own, rather than buying entire clamps. I suppose there might be projects where it would be nice to have 3 or 4 of these, but probably not all the time. Just a heads up.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Buy? Check the shipping department. I have a bunch that were under steel strapping on a shipment that came in. They work well. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski