Fine scratches on lacquer

Do a search for Micro Mesh That will work.

Reply to
Rob V

I have a drum with some very fine scratches in the lacquer finish. Furniture polish hides them for awhile, but they seem to reappear. What can I use to buff them out?

Steve

---------- Sent via SPRACI -

- Parties,Raves,Clubs,Festivals

Reply to
Anonymous

An automotive buffing compound using a machine buff or one of Meguires hand buffing compounds.....mjh

Reply to
Mike Hide

Make finer scratches as Mike suggests, or use some rouge/white diamond on a slow buff. Don't press.

Or, use a better grade of wax for longer filling.

Reply to
George

Automotive rubbing and or polishing compounds will do the job.

Approach the job with caution though and wipe the area clean frequently to see how much of a change you are making. Wax won't hide things if you get too carried away and really change the sheen of the area being treated

Reply to
Mike G

Reply to
markm