Hartville dovetail jigs?

Are they any good? Their 20" half blind is on clearance for $100. That seems like a great price, if they are good.

I now have a Harbor Freight, which is a POS. Unless the Hartville is signicantly better, I sure don't need it.

Anyone used both, and can compare them?

Reply to
john

Save up some cash and get your self a Leigh, you won't be sorry. I was able to sell a lot of stuff I didn't need on Ebay and was able to get enough to buy the Leigh D4 and a Tormek.

Reply to
Bob

I have had a Hartville jig for over 4 years and have made about 40 rabbeted, half blind drawers with it. Like most dt jibs, it takes a little time and patience to set up. Usually, I make a few practice drawers before using good wood. The original Hartville is almost identical to the several other makes...like the Porter Cable. For my purposes, I found the Hartville to be quite satisfactory. For thru dovetails, I just hand cut them. I looked at the Harbor Freight jig($39) at the new store in Reno and it looked like it was worth about $39. No matter what jig you decide upon, take lots of notes and carefully label all the setup blocks for future reference.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote