hard to do in wood

always like to imagine if some thing could be made from wood instead of the current construction
https://imgur.com/gallery/sNSOqrV
this might be possible except it has springs or hydraulics it looks like
ingenious design and great space saver
hopefully no one folds it while you sleep on the bottom
On Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 6:06:19 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

Wood parts, not out of place, at all. Just took someone to think to design it for this purpose. The mechanism is akin to a recliner's hardware. There are many variations of this hinged technique and technology being used.
Leggett and Pratt, for one, are pioneers in making these types of mechanisms. I think its their Omega division that specializes in designing & making many of these types of specific hardware.
Proteas furniture is another that designs/makes the hardware. I think you can order the mechanism, then modify/transform your couch, yourself.
Sonny