Harborfreight InsideTrack Club worth it???

Harborfreight offers something called the InsideTrackClub subscription where for about $1/month, you get a special "club" catalog with special discounts and closeouts.

Anyone here have any experience with the club? How good are the specials? What deals have you gotten and does it seem to be worth the subscription price?

(Please no flames about how bad or good Harborfreight quality tools are in general -- save that for a separate thread :)

Reply to
blueman

I have looked into it several times. Like just before a purchase. Since my purchases there are dependant on my projects. I do not buy a lot any more. I usually decline ANY service that wants to charge a monthly/yearly fee. Utilities excluded. Just does not make sense to my CFO (me).

Check their specials for awhile and see how much you would have bought and what it would have cost you both ways. If your just building a tool inventory it might make sense to belong for a year. My experience with pay per month services is that they are a son of a bitch to stop.

Reply to
SQLit

Are you in the market for their equipment anyway? If so, try it out...can't imagine it's anything that would make a major impact--they're not doing it as a community service project.... :)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I can't imagine getting even *more* of their catalogs and flyers in the mail. :-P

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Okay no flame, but I can't help but LMAO.

Reply to
G Henslee

This is just to funny! I'll save the response to the quality for later. Dave

Teamcasa

I did not find it valuable. There was a time or two that an item on the ITC was MORE than the sale price.

Now we have stores in town and it's worth it to LOOK at the item before you take it home (or have the delivery bounce it around).

Reply to
Weekend wood bog

I just wait a while. Whatever I want, goes on sale 50% off, and sometimes I've got tools 80% off. How can anyone beat that?

I'm not an inside track member. Well, at least not at Harbor Freight.

Heavenly Father is a different matter. That's a much more divinely run company, and I have an inside track there.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
TURTLE

This is turtle.

Sorry My Trigger finger got itchey and fired by misstake.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Let us know when you get your own planet. Especially if there's a Harbor Freight there.

Reply to
G Henslee

Reply to
Bill Hall

In article , "Bill Hall" wrote:

I signed up for their free e-mail list... they send a load of sale stuff out a couple of times a week... often including $5 off $50 or more, and $10 off $100 or more coupons. The coupons are good on sale items too! You got to go to the retail store though.

See below for a sample mailing (with my account number edited off the coupon. Also removed was a bunch of opt out links and the like from the end that contained my address...) You can set your HF mail prefs for plain text only... good idea IMHO.

I strongly suggest NOT giving them any 'real' contact information, or real e-mail address. In my case I have one of those free Yahoo web mail addresses I use just for stuff like this. (Just got a Gmail address too, think I'm going to start using it as my spam account, as I can both POP and SMTP to it with Eudora.)

Erik _______________________________________________

Dear preferred customer,

Your Favorites on Sale!!!

Come to a Harbor Freight Tools store near you to take advantage of the Following offers.

-- Print Out This E-Mail and bring it to your local Harbor Freight Tools Retail Store!

SAVE $5 on any purchase of $50 or more or SAVE $10 on any purchase of $100 or more

ID = (EDITED OUT)

Limit of 1 coupon per household per week. Hurry in! Prices only good through March 23, 2005.

---------------------------COUPON----------------------------------------

--

-- Print this email and take it to your nearest Harbor Freight Tools store. Press on the link below to locate a retail store near you!

OUT THESE GREAT BUYS WHILE AT THE STORE:

-- SAVE $40 Chicago Electric Variable Speed Reciprocating Saw

Item 4095/36595

Was $59.99 Now $19.99

43% Chicago Electric

4" Angle Grinder

Item 91222

Was $27.99 Now $15.99

$20 Chicago Electric

1800 PSI Pressure Washer

Item 2433

Was $139.99 Now $119.99

$60 Chicago Electric

220 Volt, 130 TIG/90 Arc Welder Inverter

Item 91811

Was $259.99 Now $199.99

44% Grade 43, 3/8'' X 14 FT. Trucker's Chain

Item 40462

Was $26.99 Now $14.99

33% Drill Master

115 Piece Titanium Nitride Coated M2 High Speed Steel Drill Bit Set

Item 1611

Was $59.99 Now $39.99

$30 Central Hydraulics

1/2 Ton Capacity Pickup Truck Crane With Cable Winch

Item 37555

Was $129.99 Now $99.99

33% US General

1000 LB Capacity Bi-fold Aluminum Ramp

Item 90799

Was $89.99 Now $59.99

33% Haul-Master Excess Cargo Carrier

Item 34313

Was $59.99 Now $39.99

$100 Central Pneumatic

8 to 10 Gauge 34? Framing Nailer

Item 91054

Was $199.99 Now $99.99

OUT THESE HOT DEALS!

--

16 Ft X 3/4'' Quick-find Tape Measure Item 41253 - Reg. $2.99 NOW $.99 - SAVE 67%
Hand Truck Item 37520 - Reg. $59.99 NOW $29.99 - SAVE 50%

Erik

I found a link somplace that let me get in and look at all the inside track sale prices. They were really no different from the regular sale prices that you could simply wait for anyway.

Reply to
scott_z500

When I get my own planet, I can name all the business. Would you like to put in a request? I'll give you special consideration. And 5% discount at all my stores.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

start with a Starbucks?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I put in an order online yesterday and used the $5 off coupon from the flyer... there's a place to click at checkout that lets you enter the coupon number..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Sure, as long as I don't have to give you 10% of the profits. :o)

Reply to
G Henslee