Re: Handyman Club

Oh nay, Wilson. I've tried for months to remove the shiney aluminized Handyman Club sticker from my rolling toolbox that my daughter put there a few years ago. Absolutely nothing shy of removing the paint will take it off so I suppose that makes *me* a lifetime member! And all the goodies that come with it as well. It's amazing that I never joined but I still get the free stuff - and like Doug said - the Unisaw will arrive just any day now. :-)

Jim (a.k.a. Jums, Jummy, Minwax Mac)

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

I just got an offer in the mail the other day for a lifetime membership in

> this club. I also got a check for $24, carpenters pencil, nifty sew-on > patch and a certificate (suitable for framing). This must be the biggest > joke of all time. Since I sent my dues in last year, all I've gotten is a > mini screw driver set and the magazines. No product testing, no other free > tools, but they sure want you to buy books each month. > Is this a fly-by-night outfit? What's up with this company. Is the > "lifetime membership" worth it?

You Unisaw should arrive any day.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read the fine print on that thing too. If you cash the stupid check, you owe them a buncha money.

They're an outfit whose purpose seems to be to trick people into buying books. I have one of their books, and it's not bad, but I do not do business with people who are constantly trying to trick me into accidentally buying something I didn't mean to buy.

Run away.

Reply to
Silvan

you just want to keep all the glue spreaders for yourself! admit it!

;)

Reply to
Philip Edward Lewis

You have done it now!!!

I got another membership package today. And yes another drill guide.

The envelope that the kit was package stated on the outside : "Important Notice. You are an Official Member of the Handyman Club of America. Please keep what you learn here to yourself. Use your special Member privileges for YOUR benefit only. Keep any free tool or equipment given to you by the Club out of the hands of non-members."

So to keep the HCA Police from my shop I am implementing a new security system to prevent non-members from having access my collection of drill guides. In order to enter my shop you must present an official membership card of the HCA. Furthermore, while outside the confines of the shop, any discussions about what is learned from the HCA must be between HCA members only and then only under the Cone of Silence to keep non-members from over hearing any tips or ideas.

I have also been given a statement of conduct. I would tell you about it but if you are a member then you are aware of it and if you are a non-member then you just don't need to know.

I may have said too much. I am going to watch out for the HCA Police. I would hate toi lose the drill guides.

Scroll down if you are a HCA member for a review of the latest tool. \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ Are you sure you are a member? \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ You last chance to turn back!! \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ First class all the way! That is all this reviewer can say about the Official HCA Drill Gauge. The gauge proudly is embossed with the HCA emblem reminding all HCA members of the wonderful organization to which they belong. It is carefully constructed from genuine plastic materials in Taiwan, the home of quality tools. It has holes ranging from 1/16" to 1/2" to allow full airflow through the gauge. This is really important when used for a high speed glue spreader. The embossing of the hole sizes can barely be read because the gauge is all white. This is a special design to prevent non-member from peeking at the members using this handy tool. In all, I find this an indispensible addition to my shop. I only wonder how I have been able to operate without it. My productivity and quality have increased. Thanks HCA, another fine tool.

Reply to
rllipham

No, actually, I no longer remember the details, but I got *quite* pissy with those people, and read them the riot act. I guess it worked, because I haven't seen their junk in my mailbox for years.

Ditto the Gardening Club of America, which is a different flavor of the same scam.

Reply to
Silvan