Had enough

That's it, I'm outta here. I've had enough of the wreck. Seems there is just too much nonsense going on here anymore. There's a certain few guy's here that no matter what you say or have done, they've said it, or done it better. Too many politicians for my likings. I get enough of that crap on the television, what little I watch. Too many shills for too many other people's company. Seems nobody has enough money to have the right tools to meet every one else's standards. Too much trolling going on. Since I sold my boat, I don't want anything to do with it. But mostly, just tired of the off topic bull.

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

Jerry,

Just in case you're still lurking, you should take heart. What goes on here is nothing compared to rec.crafts.metalworking or alt.machines.cnc.

At least here you can find some good advice, excellent stories, and for the most part, civil people.

Just filter out the noise and enjoy the rest.

Reply to
Rick Chamberlain

I agree with Rick. I would hate to see you leave.

Outlook will filter out most of the crap and there still is good stuff to be had.

If nothing else, the newbies could benefit from your experience.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

I've never understood the apparent necessity of announcing that "one has had enough, and they're leaving." If you just left we'd probably never know it and since you left you wouldn't care. Why not just go? Feel the need to fire one last shot across everyone's or someone's bow? That makes you no better than the ones you're complaining about.

Or do you just want someone to beg you to stay in a pathetic cry for some attention?

Either way, don't let the door...well, you know.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Usually the case.

Reply to
CW

Sounds like you were here looking for the wrong things and since it failed your personal expectations you felt it necessary to announce to the air your feelings in case it managed to make anyone feel bad and/or want to pump you up. You're likely still reading to see what the responses are, so here's mine: You have to get real, do not have to read what doesn't please you, and may I suggest you may not find what you are looking for in a newsgroup?

Pop

Reply to
Pop Rivet

He's likely frustrated with the idiots who discuss endlessly about how they like to set their saw to cut within ten thou ...you know, the bullshit, the endless drivel. I did a spreadsheet for compound angles. You can set it to any degree of accuracy; but who in the name of all that's holy needs, or can measure an angle to a thousandth of a degree, a ten-thousandth if that's what you want? He's likely finally frustrated trying to find something useful and intelligent from doughead posters whose only affair with woodworking happened when a dirty huge log fell on their head. However, he will miss the odd really good hints and discussion which do occur occasionally.

Dan.

Reply to
Danny Boy

Pat and Mike came over to this country from the Auld Sod and went out to look for work.

On the very evening after they got here, they met up to compare notes.

Pat: "Michael, I got me a job in a machinist's shop today. Don't you know that they do work to a thousandths of an inch."

Mike: (considers this for a long stretch and then says) " 'Gar, that's a fine thing, Michael. (another long pause) "How many of those thousandths are there in an inch?"

Pat: (considers this for another long stretch and finally says) "Lord, Michael, I don't know - there must be millions of them."

(watson, who's about 95 percent Irish and grew up hearing Pat and Mike jokes at the dinner table.)

Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker (ret) Real Email is: tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet Website:

Tom Watson