Grizzly Table Saw

I have found a new Grizzly G1023Z 3hp table saw that was set up to take pictures for a magazine article and used to cut a couple of pieces of wood during pictures. It is in like new condition with the parts protected and in storage right now. The question is: what is it worth in the condition described? It has the Shop Fox Fence and standard rails.

I have an old Craftsman cast iron saw now with a WW2 and link belt, that cuts really well, but I hate the fence. Prices for the new fence average $250 - $300 for Bies/clone and others, so I am wondering if I should just use the Craftsman with my sleds and use the money towards the Grizzly or ????

Thanks, Digger

Reply to
Digger

Since it is assembled, and you won't have to pay shipping charges, it would be worth about 95% to 100% of list. Just check it out for alignment as you would any new saw. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I would want to adjust everthing, as it was probably just bolted together at the photo shoot for pictures, not accuracy.

Dig

Reply to
Digger

Maybe more... since all the cosmoline is probably removed.

Reply to
me

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:30:02 GMT, "Jim Mc Namara" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

hehem, if the Cosmoline is gone, that's worth over 100$ to me,,,took me 3 hours to get the crap off the last casting i bought.

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 08:26:37 -0500, "Digger" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

Digger, yea, all kidding aside i would tend to lean towards buying it.

Traves

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

"Traves W. Coppock"

I dont know about that,,,, ;!) A lot of furniture being imported from Mexico seems to have a yellowy brown finish that was probably mostly Cosomline. That much Cosmoline could be used on a lot of projects.. LOL.

Reply to
Leon

Um...

What's Cosmoline?

Reply to
Wolf Lahti

Or in other words - Traves best kept secret . . . . sheep lube! LOL!

LOL! lol! lol!

LOL! Jums he he he hehehe

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Actually a razor blade got most of the cosmoline off the flat faces of the saw in a hurry. They just needed a quick wipe with some paint thinner to clean up. The groves and other rounded portions are a pain however.

-Jack

Reply to
JackD

I remember something that worked good for a friend of mine when cleaning Cosmo (sheep dip) off one of my older rifles. Its called Ed's red

part - Dexron ATF, GM Spec. D-20265 or later.

1 part - Kerosene - deodorized, K1

1 part - Aliphatic Mineral Spirits CAS #64741-49-9, or substitute "Stoddard Solvent", CAS #8052-41-3, or equivalent.

1 part - Acetone, CAS #67-64-1.

(Optional 1 lb. of Lanolin, Anydrous, USP per gallon, or OK to substitute Lanolin, Modified, Topical Lubricant, from the drug store.)

Reply to
David Binkowski

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:00:44 GMT, "Jim Mc Namara" Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

snip

im gonna make like i dint see that, , ,

Traves *G*

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock

Check retail. You might offer no MORE than 60% of retail (don't forget shipping) to see what happens. I'd pay not much more than that, even if the saw is perfect. For one thing, you'll not be getting a warranty. Or, if you're feeling fiesty, offer half of new price. You can always come up. You can't come down.

Charlie Self

"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child." Dan Quayle

Reply to
Charlie Self

Sure go ahead - third eye blind! LOL!

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

His bottom dollar is $600 (delivered). It's $1000 from Grizzly right now, but this one is assembled and de-sludged, and only needs fine tuning. That's worth something to me, so I'm thinking of latching on to it. Just bought a Grizz 6" jointer with two sets of blades, off of Ebay for $232.50 delivered, instead of the $450 I was planning on spending. Now if this broken leg will heal, I can finish getting the new doors on the garage and moving the WW tools in!

Dig

Reply to
Digger

Anybody own one and what do you think?

Evon Barvinchack

I got my G0575 last July and I love it. It's a world better than what I had before...Craftsman. Cheers. Joe

Ev> Anybody own one and what do you think?

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Yes

G1023

Like it, never a problem.

Reply to
dadiOH

Reply to
Sweet Sawdust

I have the G0444Z with the 2 extra long extension wings, the G0555 bandsaw (a real jewel) with 6" extension kit, and a wood lathe. I have no complaints about Grizzly quality or service. Will be buying from them again in the near future. If you have a chance I would drive to Grizzly's show room and pickup myself. Shipping is pricy. I drove 300 miles to Springfield Missouri to get my stuff. It's a real experience to visit one of their showrooms.

Reply to
Dave