Great prices on power tools at Home Depot today

I went to my local Home Depot in Massachusetts to buy a Ryobi oscillating spindle sander which had been marked down from $99 to $87. I noticed there was a sale of all power tools for an additional 20% off. So I got the spindle sander for $69. You may not want this product but if there are any power tools that you have had an eye on, this could be the day to buy them. I don't know if this is a nationwide sale.

Reply to
Dick Snyder

It must be nationwide... and it lasts Friday thru Sunday.

Now, do I pick up that $559 Ridgid 6" jointer that's being clearanced for $399 (less the 20%) or the ... or the...

darned decisions!!

Reply to
Steve

I just bought the BT3100 at the sale price a half hour ago and am about to go after the Rigid Jointer. Damned expensive Xmas. Love them sales!

Reply to
Grandpa

It figures.

SWMBO told me she had decided to get me the scroll saw, and wanted me to come carry the thing. So we're in the car, headed for Lowe's, and I say "Think we should check out the Despot? We haven't looked at their scroll saws." "Sure," she says, always eager for more shopping.

We're in the right lane, coming up to the light. Then I say "Ah, screw it, I hate 'Just Like Lowe's Only Orange' anyway. Let's just go to Lowe's." So I make a break for the left lane real quick like, and to Lowe's we go.

Just bought the thing at Lowe's. Whattaya bet they have the same model at the Despot 20% off of a similar retail price?

If I tell SWMBO about this, she'll make us take the thing back to Lowe's and go get the one at the Despot. "Then while we're over at the Despot, let's go to Target and Michael's, oh and let's look at used games at GameStop so I can get pissed off at you when you refuse to show an interest in any of the dumb looking games I pick out and suggest for you. Then while we're over here, let's head over to Barnes & Noble so you can get me one of those frapachapa frozen dooflatchies at Starbucks."

You know what? Piss on it. It will cost me a hell of a lot more than the $20 difference I could save to go buy that damn thing at Home Despot!

Reply to
Silvan

need a little cheese?

dave

Silvan wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

It is nationwide. Just got myself the Ryobi 18v Super Combo II for $135. Whadda deal!

Reply to
HuntMan

Amazing -- I thought Silvan's post was pretty funny, until I read this one, where the Whiner-in-Chief has the gall to accuse someone else of it. Now

*that's* funny.

Doug Miller

that sounds a lot like capital blvd. ???????????????// skeez

Reply to
skeezics

yeh a little bait this time of year may just catch a big gloat. lol. if silvan had known about the sale he could have saved an additional

10% of the discount using lowes pricematch rule. hehehehe shmbo does it all the time!! by the way dave i saw the desk. fine job! skeez
Reply to
skeezics

What, he offered me some cheese? If it's good cheese, I'll take some, even from him.

What kind of cheese? I like sharp cheddar and colby. Swiss is good too. Maybe some monterrey jack or provlone. Perhaps a bit of munster. I'm not into all these yuppy cheeses that are still dripping and/or covered with live mold and/or bacteria cultures.

I'd have to say a slice of sharp cheddar on a Triscuit with a wege of Granny Smith apple on the side is about the best way to go.

I don't like wine though. Anything that doesn't taste like vinegar is out of my price range.

Reply to
Silvan

Hmmm... I still have the receipt. So I could save 30% on this thing?

I don't mind driving back out to Lowe's. Lowe's isn't near anything that calls out to SWMBO's purse strings.

Plus it's not orange.

Reply to
Silvan

Capital Blvd. in Raleigh? Yeah, it does, doesn't it? I know just where those are.

It's not though.

Reply to
Silvan

I think a lot of Silvan's posts are pretty funny. He seems like a guy that would be fun to hang out with. He also seems like a guy who's way too intelligent to be driving a truck.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Same here, but I had to add him to the bin a while ago for different reasons than BAD - he was posting so much stuff for me to download over a modem link and I simply didn't have the thumb twiddling time.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I don't know if I'd be fun to hang out with or not. I'm pretty boring in truth. I have my job, my family, my shop, and that's about it. I spend a great deal of time alone.

As for intelligence... Well, nah... I could write a 5,000+ word essay, but nobody cares. I have a *lot* of opinions about the relative societal value of intelligence. (Obviously it ain't much.)

(I have a lot of opinions on everything. *That's* what I need to do. Get myself an opinion column so I can rant for dollars. I wonder if it's possible to earn $32,000 a year bitching about the world from my unique perspective? Without relocating? Hrmmm...)

Anyway, you or anyone else, if you're ever in town, stop on by. I won't be going anywhere, but we can stand in my back yard and discuss plans for saving my shop from the termites over a frosty bottle of America's finest piss water beer.

(The last people we let come in the house got that "Oh. My. GOD!" look on their faces, so we don't let people come in the house anymore. Yes, it's cluttered. We hate housework, we both have jobs, and we can't afford a maid. Get over it.)

Reply to
Silvan

You're a born Op-Ed columnist.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Boring is not so bad. Some of the women I know that married Mr. Excitement have been married to three or four of them and are still not happy. I know some boring guys that have been married for 30+ years to the same woman.

I also have an opinion of most everything. I also find that my opinions is the "right" one while people with opposing opinions are usually "wrong". Funny how that happens. ;) Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

FWIW:

Lowes is also advertising 20% off power tools this weekend.

Unfortunately, they don't carry Chicago Electric.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

YEP, of course Lowe's has responded in kind, improves the selection.

I picked up the PC 14.4 drill/driver/hammerdrill, $160 (US) after the

20% off, two batteries, one-hour charger. Last one on the shelf, looks like HD is moving to mostly Ridgid. Really had my eye on the Milwaukee 14.4 drill/driver/hammerdrill, which I never saw anywhere than at HD, but they no longer carried it. IIRC, the Milwaukee had NiMh batteries, the PC NiCd, but that'll have to suffice.

I rarely have a need for a hammerdrill, certainly not enough to justify buying a separate one even though the corded are about $60 if you go cheap. And 14.4 is a little light for that, but the 18V are just two damn heavy for the 5,000 normal screws I drive and holes I drill for every time I need the hammerdrill function. But when you need a hammerdrill, nothing else will do. Compromise, compromise, comprise...

I tried to see if they'd give me 20% off clamps too, but alas, no, only power tools.

Reply to
Tom Bergman

Last week someone served me apple pie with cheddar cheese on top. It was one of the most horrible tasting things I ever had, yet I like apples and cheddar, but not together.

Reply to
Phisherman