Glue suggestions for vines to pine.

I made a little toy house with pine lining boards that I have shellaced to give a warm colour. I was gluing some dried out vines (3-4mm dia) around the edges of the building but the water based contact adhesive I used leaked onto the shellaced pine and left a nasty dark coloured ridge around the sides of the vine. Any suggestions what glue I could use to glue the vine to the pine without it reacting with the shellac. I did try to be really accurate with applying the glue but it still looks bad. I was using the water based glue so I had time to clamp the vine where I wanted it. Thanks Ed

Reply to
ETaylor

I think I'd use straight pins to hold all the vines I want in place...as few pins as needed, just pushed thru the vine into the pine. Once that was done I'd use white glue everywhere there was a pin...just a little, preferably at the top of the vine. When dry, remove pins. You could use Super Glue too but it would wick into the vine and darken a small portion of it.

Reply to
dadiOH

How about a little hot melt adhesive?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Thanks for the pins tip, that sounds just the thing. I was using small clamps but when they slip I got the glue residue lines. I want to stain the vines so I'll do some tests with a few different glues now I know I can hold the vines in the one position. Very much appreciated, I would never have thought of it myself. Ed.

Reply to
ETaylor

I will try that with the other tests I can do now with pins holding the vines in place. Thanks Ed.

Reply to
ETaylor