Gloating? you bet

OK, this gloat is not about the fair deal on the new Yorkcraft YC-8J

8"x72" Jointer I got, nor is it the good deal, imagine that, I got on my new Delta 22-580 from Woodcraft.

My gloat is about my wife who told me to go and buy these new tools! SWMBO!

The wallet is a bit lighter and getting even lighter as I extend some circuits, add some DC piping and so forth. Now to hold up my end of the deal and finish my current project and get started on a few more. Ah - Thanks wifey. XXOO

Reply to
No

Hey, my wife demanded I expand my shop and then told me to go ahead and buy the drum sander I wanted. Of course, in my case she just wants me to spend more time in my shop. How about you?

Reply to
Toller

Don't bite the hand that feeds you BUT ( I say again BUT) she wants something.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

DAMHIKT

Reply to
Vic Baron

So... What's the best strategy for making this happen... :^)

Reply to
Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~

"Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~" wrote in message news:dlarkb$i1s$ snipped-for-privacy@news01.intel.com...

Talking incessently about woodworking, when it is perfectly clear she doesn't want to hear about it worked for me.

Reply to
Toller

Must mean you're doing good work. Years ago significant tool procurements caused a lot of rich dialogue in our house. After years of furniture pieces, home projects, basements, grandkid gifts, etc. she is very supportive. We recently donated a hardwood rocking horse to our church and I think she was more proud of it than I.

Gotta go now. Working on her curio cabinet.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

For me it was - look at hjis board for your new sofa table - see this flaw? Thats cuz my little bitty baby benchtop jointer is a POS and really too short to use on such a long board. See that line? Its cause the darn blades nick soo easily in this expensive lacewood you picked out for your table inlay. See this taper in this scrap? Thats because I was trying to use this jointer to thickness a piece and, well, something was out of whack and thats what happens. So, really I need a new jointer AND a planer.

She says - OK, ok as long as you build me... ... ... bla bla bla was all I heard after OK.

Reply to
No
[snipped for brevity]

Hehehehehehe...that's funny