I'm gloating

I took last Friday off, to make a wood run (3 hr drive). I needed 100 bd ft red oak, some ply etc...

While there, and talking with owner, he tells me of an order that was just canceled by a contactor (who just went under), and if interested, he'd make me a deal. Strapped on a large pallet and ready to go, he said about 580 bd ft, mostly 4/4 and some other stuff (his words) of ash, $500 for the whole lot, half of what he was going to charge cause ash did not sell well for him.

Today, I planed (and planed and planed), and stacked (with stickers) the lot, and the stuff is gorgous. My gloat, not so much for the cost, but at the bottom of the stack, 6 16/4 x ~13" x 9' boards, very flat and straight grained. Hello new work benches!

My honey thinks I've lost my mind.

Reply to
Nicky

I'm not even going to be rude you. Just post your address.

Nicky wrote:

Reply to
Will

That stuff is bad for your health! Tell me where you are, and I'll come get it and take it away so you aren't exposed to its deadly toxins a moment longer than necessary. Your honey will thank me. :-)

--Steve

Nicky wrote:

Reply to
Steve

Yep, that's a gloat.

Probably, but what does it have to do with woodworking? ;)

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Nicky wrote: Snip

Given that you've *posted* the gloat, I think you know where this conversation is going.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
phildcrowNOSPAM

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:qOPWd.6795$DW.4461 @newssvr17.news.prodigy.com:

There's a long running discussion at my house as to whether that's a cause or a symptom.

;-)

If I brought home 500+ bf of anything right now, I'd have to rent somewhere to put it, or give it away.

Yes, it's gloatworthy.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Since no one's said it yet You Suck!

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

"Nicky" wrote in news:d0gahb$cjo$ snipped-for-privacy@reader2.nmix.net:

Nice one!

Right. Don't they all?

Reply to
Nate Perkins

cool!

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

My dog told me one has nothing to do with the other. Of course, the last time he told me to buy a particular type of gun and it turned out to be crap. What does he know?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:14:16 -0700, the inscrutable "Nicky" spake:

We all think YOU SUCK! Congrats on a great gloaty deal.

P.S: The first project should be something for SWMBO. (I'm a bachelor and even _I_ know that much. ;)

--Socrates + Web Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The orginal trip was for a honey-do project, some new chairs for the new kitchen we just finished. The 16/4 stuff is just for me. Gonna make two new work benches, can't wait. Vise shopping is fun!

Reply to
Nicky