Pretty big gloat

So this molding factory in my area went out of business and they had a 2 day auction. Today was all the inventory including lumber. Tommorow is the tools.

Here is my hual so far.

The lumber facility was at least 30,000 sq ft. What was sold and what it sold at was just amazing.

Ie - about 4000 bd of 8/6 alder $300.00

5-6000 bd of poplar - $250.00

The problem was the lots were actually too large for me to haul and store.

I ended up getting a few nice gloats.

300bf of Afican mahongy + 600bf of black walnut - 6/4 - 7/4 thickness - boards range from 6" to 13" wide $275.00

40 peices of 1"thick MDF 2' x 5'

12 peices of 1/4 luan 50+ peices of masionite 3'x6' Misc moldings (about 50+ peices) $5.00 (yes $5.00) The kicker to this one - is that someone bought the molding from me for $80.00 Someone else bought 2 of the mdf peices for $5.00

~1000bf poplar 4/4 - 6/4 ~1000bf Ash 4/4 - 6/4 $60.00

185 peices of 3" x 3/4 maple (Can you say hello new workbench) 150 peices of 2"x3/4 ash 300 peices of 1"x1" ash (not sure what im doing w/ this yet) $70.00

5gal bucket of tighbond hide glue $12.00

~1000bf ash 4/4 ~1000bf pine ~1000bf white oak ~1000bf poplar $170

All in all - pretty sick haul. Thank god im building that new shop - now I can use my old on to put all this in ;)

The really sick thing was there was probably the smallest lots there. Just insane.

Tomorrow comes the really good stuff ;) They even have one of those norm pocket hole machines - checked online - they are like 600 bux. This should be fun ;)

BTW - if anyone is in the raleigh area - Im selling some of this stuff.

Thanks Rob

You can reply to me at r_b_v at v_e_r_z_e_r_a doht c_o_m

remove _ to get the correct address

Reply to
Rob V

You truly suck!

Have a great time making dust.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

You go to better auctions than I do!

Reply to
Toller

hey rob. where and what time tomorrow?????? i may come and help with the bidding!! :-] and also may be interested in some wood in the near future. skeez

Reply to
skeezics

Wow, that is quite a haul. Looks like it is this one:

febuary they are liquidating a Borg

-Paul

Reply to
Paul Damer

Sweeeeeet! I find many, many good buys at auctions, but I have NEVER bought any wood. I don't know why, but other than flooring it always goes for more than retail price. I don't even get excited anymore when I see they have a bunch of wood. Actually, my experience at these types of auctions where it's a woodworking shop is that everything goes too high. Since it's a shop everyone there is for the wood/tools. I do much better at estate auctions where there are only a handful of guys looking at the "good" stuff. Nice haul, better eat your Wheaties this weekend with all that loading/unloading to do.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

Yup - thats the one.

If anyone shows up - ill be one w/ the uhaul truck. Stop me and say hey. Always like to meet people from the Wreck!

-R

Reply to
Rob V

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:06:44 -0600, Rob V wrote (in message ):

Looking at the photos, they had been in business since 1954. Anybody know the story on why they went out of business? Seems they had a ton of inventory too, which seems odd for a company going out of business.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Brissette