Gosh I hope this is a gloat/Lumber yards in Buffalo NY?

I just bought a Performax 16/32 w/stand for $629 from RAF in Buffalo (after the rebate). Okay, I have to drive 60 miles and pay sales tax; but it is still $200 below Amazon. I sure hope it turns out to be a gloat!

As long as I am in Buffalo, are there any really sexy lumber yards worth a visit? I've never seen a Rockler; is that worth a visit, or will it just look like a WoodCraft?

Reply to
Toller

If you want to see a real hardwood lumber place try:

Advantage Trim & Lumber

601 Ohio St. Buffalo NY 14203

no(SPAM)vasys

An Ebay win?

Reply to
TomL

Yup. Can't figure out why it is so cheap. That is what worries me.

Reply to
Toller

Does the company happen to be located in the Seneca Warehouse (600 block of Seneca St, bordered by Larkin, Exchange and Hamburg Streets). I ask because my neighbor bought three DVD players from a company located there that sells surplus equipment. They sell only via Ebay.

He paid $40 for all three players (plus a $20 handling fee although he picked them up) and they all were fine.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Don't know. They are in Lackwanna and their warehouse is by the airport. I have passed through Buffalo several hundred times, but only been there once to see the Galleria when it was new.

Reply to
Toller

Okay, that would be RAF Supply at 2350 Hamburg Tpke, Lackawanna. I drive past there location frequently, as they're about 3 miles from my house, but I've never dealt with them.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Yup, that them. The only other tool I want is a Milwaukee 3.5hp, but they are 40% over Amazon on it. I can't figure out why they are so cheap on the drum sander.

Reply to
Toller

Maybe it has been sitting in the warehouse taking up cash flow for a long time and he wants to move it as fast as possible. There may be a larger markup on it, thus the greater discount, compared to a router. Only way to know for sure it to ask him if he is making enough profit and offer to pay more if he is not.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The shop is listed as an authorized service shop for a number of different tool manufacturers. I suspect it's a unit that was brought in for repair and never picked up. They probably listed the tool on Ebay for what they had into it.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

So how did the pickup go? Everything intact?

Reply to
TomL