George Jones

They placed a wreath upon his door...

Reply to
Bill

I wasn't trying to be "sacrilegious"; I didn't understand the point of the message. Sad, sad, sad. I learned to play guitar on songs like that one. I still know all of the words to every verse...

Bill

Reply to
Bill

They placed a wreath upon his door And soon they'll carry him away He stopped loving her today.

He will be missed.

Reply to
MaxD

One of the first records I ever owned was Gorge Jones and Tammy Wynett's "together again "- and I still have it.

Reply to
clare

One of the greatest tear jerkers of all time.

Reply to
willshak

Maybe the first time he showed up and ontime.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

What is sold as country music today is nothing like the roots it came from. A shame.

Reply to
athiker

That is the truth. Very few country singers today can even come close to filling the shoes of those that have passed on to hillbilly heaven.

Paul T.

Reply to
PHT

You have more choices than ever nowadays. Just get a CD player and you can skip the advertisements too.

Bill

Reply to
Bill