Full Face Shield

A friend is looking for a full face shield, with air filtration. Any recommendations ?

What was it about Puckdropper's recommendation last month you didn't like, Deborah? https://groups.google.com/d/topic/rec.woodworking/qbBHPKiiDhs
Need more protection?
https://cdn3.volusion.com/ghqkt.ccqsw/v/vspfiles/photos/G3000SS-2.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xcysuNiS0dE/maxresdefault.jpg
On Sat, 07 Jul 2018 14:09:09 +0000, Spalted Walt

Instead of snarking you might want to read the post to which you responded. Note "WITH AIR FILTRATION".
Something like this <(Amazon.com product link shortened)> only still in production.
Here's a similar system currently in production: <(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
Note that that system costs about 5 times what the Triton did and addresses my big complaints about it (filter not very good and short battery life).
A cheaper alternative would be a full face respirator I don't have any recommendations--if it's OSHA approved it should work but whether it's comfortable or not is another story--with a tight seal and no air movement other than from breathing they're not much fun in hot weather.

Lighten up, Francis...
Connects to the exahaust port of hepa-filtered shop vac!
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/713R2IEdHIL._UX617_.jpg
On Sat, 07 Jul 2018 15:38:48 +0000, Spalted Walt

...and doubles as a CPAP?
On Saturday, July 7, 2018 at 9:09:16 AM UTC-5, Spalted Walt wrote:

ecommendations ?

When I was asking for advice on the filtered face shield, I said it was for a friend. This friend has a second reccurrence of small cell lung cancer. He is looking to beat this one back and also wants to treat his lungs as gently as possible going into the future.
BTW, time for a bit of self disclosure, Deborah is my daughter, I am her 73 yr old father. Name is Delbert.
On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 05:39:01 -0700 (PDT), "Dr. Deb"

That being the case, the right choice IMO would be to spend the 1500 bucks or so for one of the NIOSH-approved systems and put the intake in a clean area outside of the workshop. With that he'll be able to sand, paint, use solvents, etc without having to worry about mixing and matching filters or whether the filters have expired.
A couple of options: https://www.pksafety.com/allegro-1-worker-full-mask.html (Amazon.com product link shortened)
The difference is that the second one has a full helmet and neck drape that allows one to wear glasses and doubles as an approved hard hat. These aren't the only products on the market and a safety supply company should be able to provide more choices.
But he should talk to his doctor about it--the doctor may know of a better option.

I don't know about what Puckdropper posted, but you sir, are reprehensible for posting a gobble-gropes link. You SHOULD be ashamed of yerself .....but I know yer not! ;)
nb
On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 12:16:15 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:

And you should ashamed of yerself for posting links to sites that haven't been updated in over a decade and that contain links to sites that no longer exist.
...but I know yer not.
On 7/10/2018 2:49 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

True, Blinky the Shark has been dead for some time. OTOH, the link is still relevant. Unlike yerself:

Geez! ...why didn't I think of that. Oh .....wait. I did. ;)
nb
On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 8:34:09 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:

That's not the link I was referring to. Reread what I wrote.
The point is this:
You bitched about someone posting a GG link, then you tried to support your bitch with a 10 year old site that contains links that don't even work.
That doesn't make for a very impressive argument.
Dig deeper and you'll find comments such as "I use Netscape 7.2".
How "relevant" are comments that discuss the use of browser that is over 10 years old?
snot blob wrote:

Fixed yer link fer ya, fat boy.
Children, Children, lets play nice. Okay?
Your tantrums really look childish in the light of my original post. To whit:
I have a friend who may well be dying of a small cell carcinoma who would like to hope he might beat this thing and get back in his shop one day. He realizes his lungs are going to be fragile and wants the best protection he can get.
So, are there any quality recommendations that I can pass along to him?

So what exactly are you a doctor of, Delbert?

... }

I'm afraid I can only point you in the direction of more research. I believe 3M has a professional line of PAPR products and may be able to offer you specific suggestions and even set up a test fit if they have a product your friend might like.
IIRC, there was the Trend Airshield, Trend Airshield Pro, another Yellow one that put the battery on your belt, and the 3M model when I was looking at this 10 years ago.
Hand tools don't throw nearly as much dust as their powered counter parts.
Puckdropper

Thanks

I've got a Trend Airshield Pro. I never use it. It dries out my sinuses and I get a cough every time I use it. Some people may be more tolerant of that sort of thing, but I can't recommend it.
Puckdropper