If I was a gonna

If I were to buy a filtered face mask, which one would you recommend, and why?

Thanks

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

The most important criteria for selecting a filtered face mask is to select one that fits your purpose. For non poisonous dusts, I use a paper, dispos able N-95 rated mask from a reputable maker like, Norton, 3M, etc.

When I spray latex or oil, I use a rubber mask with replaceable filters. T his is the newest iteration of the ones I use:

Note that the difference is the filtering. The cartridges for this mask ke ep out almost 100% of all the bad stuff from paints and solvents including the ammonia and formaldehyde from latex, and all the petroleum solvents in oil base.

Cartridges on these masks have a life span on them, so if you buy this mask , use it mask until it gets a little difficult to breathe then replace the cartridges. Since the charcoal loses its efficacy after about 90 days, if I start a new project, I just buy new filters. Much easier than getting new lungs.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Oops, I forgot to include the fact that I need a full face shield.

Reply to
Dr. Deb

depends on what for

and how long you wear it

on occasion i wear n99 and face shield and due to faster breaths needed the shield fogs up more quickly

usually resort to goggle and n99 and still i only do 20 minute intervals and then clear for a few minutes

Reply to
Electric Comet