If I was a gonna

If I were to buy a filtered face mask, which one would you recommend, and why?
Thanks
Deb
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 11:11:59 PM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:

why?

The most important criteria for selecting a filtered face mask is to select one that fits your purpose. For non poisonous dusts, I use a paper, dispos able N-95 rated mask from a reputable maker like, Norton, 3M, etc.
When I spray latex or oil, I use a rubber mask with replaceable filters. T his is the newest iteration of the ones I use:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Professional-Multi-Purpose-Respirator-Black- Drop-Down-63023DHA1-C/206408987
Note that the difference is the filtering. The cartridges for this mask ke ep out almost 100% of all the bad stuff from paints and solvents including the ammonia and formaldehyde from latex, and all the petroleum solvents in oil base.
Cartridges on these masks have a life span on them, so if you buy this mask , use it mask until it gets a little difficult to breathe then replace the cartridges. Since the charcoal loses its efficacy after about 90 days, if I start a new project, I just buy new filters. Much easier than getting new lungs.
Robert
On Friday, July 6, 2018 at 11:11:59 PM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:

Oops, I forgot to include the fact that I need a full face shield.
On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 21:11:57 -0700 (PDT)

depends on what for
and how long you wear it
on occasion i wear n99 and face shield and due to faster breaths needed the shield fogs up more quickly
usually resort to goggle and n99 and still i only do 20 minute intervals and then clear for a few minutes