Safety face shield.

I've been using a cheap-o HF full face shield for woodturning and I'm looking to upgrade to something I can actually see through. I wear prescription trifocals, so it needs to accommodate glasses. I think I'd prefer to stick with a full face shield instead of goggles. A y recommendations?

Larry

Reply to
Z3Driver

I'm in that camp. I treat face shields like rubber gloves: disposable. When they get too scratched up, they go in the recycling bin and I pick up a new one at HF for less than the cost of a replacement shield insert for the expensive models.

The will all get scratched up at some point. The HF ones seems to be much lighter, too. I have a couple that get rotated between certain tool stations and weed-eating.

Reply to
-MIKE-

This is one.

Lew Hodgett

Me too. I am not a big HF fan but face shields and some expendables are where HF fits into my hobby funding. Rubber gloves have a very short life when I pull them out of the box and I don't expect a face shield to last forever. It just needs to be sturdy enough to stop that heavy chunk of Oak that flew out of my lathe a few years ago. And the HF shield did just fine.

RonB

Reply to
RonB