FS 30% off summer sale lots of cool planes and new tools to see.

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:19737-41098911-88@storefull-

3151.bay.webtv.net:

You mean, like when HD was clearing out KBodies? Or Miter Saw Utility Vehicles? Or maple veneer plywood?

THOSE weren't ads? Just word of mouth between friends and acquaintances?

Sort of like Steve's planes?

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

LOL. Over and over and over. It must be some sort of sickness!

BTW - The Dick tools catalogue out of Germany is awfully nice too.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Thu, Jul 29, 2004, 9:39am snipped-for-privacy@clemnet.org (Richard=A0Clements) wonders: I looked over Steve's site and I didn't see any Rabbit planes, dose anybody know if he makes them?

You might ask Steve, he would probably know if he does or not.

JOAT The highway of fear is the road to defeat.

- Bazooka Joe JERUSALEM RIDGE

J T

Entry: edict Pronunciation: 'E-"dikt Function: noun Etymology: Middle English, from Latin edictum, from neuter of edictus, past participle of edicere to decree, from e- + dicere to say -- more at DICTION

1 : a proclamation having the force of law 2 : ORDER, COMMAND
Reply to
AArDvarK

Damnit, Mike, you beat me to the punch!.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

LOLOLOL!!! Princess Bride is one of my favorite films! Good one.... :-)

Layne

Reply to
Layne

snip

Hey Steve,

I could use a nice handmade plane know where I might get one? If they're on sale that would be a plus! :-)

Layne

Reply to
Layne

I went to the site last night....still no infill planes??? :-( There's got to be a good machinist around there somewhere....not that I can afford that Japanese style infill yet, but it's nice knowing I could get one if I had the money right now... :-) But, I may finally be able to get a dovetail plane next month. :-)

Layne

Reply to
Layne

Looks like the long, hot summer is getting to EVERYONE. WIthout jumping too far into the flame war...I glanced at the ad, and, my first thought was "great...still can't afford them (heavy sigh)". My first thought was NOT "How DARE he post a small notice about fine woodworking tools to a forum devoted to working wood!" Let's all take a chill pill, kick back with a tall, cool drink, and just move on. The posting was small, within the guidelines of commercial postings, and as others have pointed out, Knight has been a good contributor to the group for a long time. I for one have enjoyed hearing of his success in a niche field...and do think he makes some really great tools, tools that combine utility and beauty. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

It's spam. I personally don't care, but it is spam. Why don't you give the guy a break. Lord knows you of all people should be a little compassionate.

What's the accepted helpful post to spam ratio by which we should rate people?

No points - already been brought up.

Spam.

Are you? The rules are there are no rules. Maybe we should all shun him now?

JP

************* Add me to the list.
Reply to
Jay Pique

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

See, for example , , .

The commercial content is not the defining feature of spam. It is the excessive replication.

Why don't you do some research and find out the threshold.

You seem to have a penchant for using words that do not mean what you think they mean.

If posted once and on topic, not spam. Offensive and unwelcome, but not spam.

If on topic not spam. Possibly offensive if repeated to excess, but not spam.

Well, since there is no mechanism of enforcement you are right, there are no rules. Welcome to USENET.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:21:26 -0400, Jay Pique wrote about Steve Knight's post:

no, it isnt.

bridger

Me of all people? Where are you going with _that_, Jay? Might this have something to do with the email filtering service that I subscribe to?

Apparently, Mr. Knight's ratio is beyond that, by the looks of the group. Someone's analysis showed his ratio is 50:1 or 500:1 or something. Not a lot of people are 50 parts signal to 1 part noise.

It's a humerous reference to a line used in a movie, inserted to keep things to get too heavy.

Right.

Apparently your personal opinion is counter to the group concensus here.

Which "him"? You can killfile anyone you want, that's the beauty of a well-written newsreading app.

By the way, have you read the rec.woodworking charter, specifically how advertisements are handled in that document?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You're using the wrong sources - use mine -

>>> I stated that to me there is no difference between the two forms of

Excuse me? Go have a beer or something.

Moi? What word other than "spam" are you talking about? Go argue semantics with someone else there champ. Nice use of "penchant" though.

To whom? What are you arguing? I wasn't even talking to you in the first place, and I wasn't condemning Steve for posting about his planes.

Been here, done that. Why don't you give me your usenet pedigree now and we can all be impressed.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Reply to
Jay Pique

No - has nothing to do with spamcop. I just figured since you catch a lot of heat here that you might not feel the need to pile on others.

You've got an interesting sense of balance.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I don't notice myself getting a particular amount of heat, oddly enough. But even if I do/did, why should that make me not want to express my opinion?

If you don't care for my posts, there's an easy solution.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Not to mention 'unbearable', and 'insurmountable'.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

And mine as well. You're a weird dude. Enjoy your life.

Indeed. It's almost as if you relish the idea. How's that job in Norway coming along for me?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Um, right.

The person I forwarded your message to expressed concern about your name apparently changing. I'm guessing from your question that he chose not to contact you, although I have noticed that it's not unusual for Norwegians to have a much more casual attitude about speedy responses. I don't feel that it's appropriate to rush him, so I won't be.

Reply to
Dave Hinz