Freeman Pinner from Woodcraft

The current flyer has a Freeman pin nailer for sale for $39.99. I wouldn't mind having a pin nailer, but would only use it occasionally, so $39.99 is attractive. Does anyone have one? Is it an adequate tool? Thanks, Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

Pinners are great, great additions to your arsenal. I've not used that brand, but if you can return it you can always try it out and see if it sets the nails as you need. I've got a Cadex and it's been flawless.

JP

**************** vrooooom
Reply to
Jay Pique

Looks like it shoots a 1" pin, is that adequate for most work?

Reply to
d.williams

Absolutely adequate but with a pinner you will find that a greater range in pins is handy. My Grex came with an assortment of pins, probably 8 sizes between 3/8" to 1-3/16" I use them all but have purchased replacements for the 1/2" and 3/4" pins.

Reply to
Leon

------------------------------------- Pin nailers are great for some projects. I have one from Harbor Freight. Inexpensive and it works great.

Reply to
meniko

------------------------------------- Pin nailers are great for some projects. I have one from Harbor Freight. Inexpensive and it works great.

Reply to
meniko

Harbor Fright's every day price is about half that and theirs works fine. Its one big shortcoming is that it doesn't have a non-marring tip and the Freeman doesn't either.

The 7 year warranty seems attractive but one wonders if Freeman will still be around in 7 years--they seem to be a startup--in 7 years they may be hugely successful or they may be gone.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Although I don't recall the specifics, it seems to me that Woodcraft has sold products from fly by night manufacturers before that led to zero product support.

I think if one is going to get the inexpensive pinner, get the HF model. Mine works fine. It is routinely on sale for $14.95.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Thanks, everyone. I won't jump on the Woodcraft deal. The next time I need a pin nailer for light duty, I'll try the HF one. What's to lose?

I'm actually kind of surprised by how useful some of the HF tools can be. I've bought a number of them for one project use. The ones I've bought were adequate. Not fancy, not durable, not pro grade, but they got the job done without fuss.

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson