Forrest 5 3/8 blade for Dewalt trim saws

Has anyone tried the 5 3/8 blade from Forrest for the Dewalt cordless trim saws (I have a DW 935) ? The "fast cutting" blade that came with it is fine for 2 X 4's, but tears the heck out of 1/4" plywood. The cost of the Forrest is nearly prohibitive for this size blade.

If you have tried one, what do you think about it? Is there a blade with nearly the same performance for less?

Reply to
Eric Anderson

I see freud is also entering the small trim saw market with several blades. I too am curious. I have a pc 4-1/2" trim saw that I have been using matsushita thin kerf blades. They are fairly spendy but work very well. They are carbide tipped so they stay sharp for a good spell. I'm always game for something new though. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

For about $10-$15, you can get a 24 tooth, carbide blade with a thin kerf.

It's an import, think it is Japan.

I get them at the local hardware store.

Works well on 1/2" CDX for me.

YMMV.