Finally a clamp gloat.

Got an email about a rebate for handtools yesterday. I knew of a few Bessy clamps waiting to be marked down at the local store.

I got all they had (3).

I ended up with 1-40" and 2-50" for a total of $56. Now to send the rebate form and get a $20 gift card. 3 clamps @ $39 after taxes

Reply to
rllipham

You SUCK! I just paid $36 ea. for the 31's.

David

rllipham wrote:

Reply to
David

So are you going to tell us which store you bought from?

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
rllipham

rllipham wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Which calls to mind the question: "How far you gonna drive to save a couple of bucks on clamps?" (at $2.39/gallon)

So, more importantly, Randall, how are you folks coming on putting the state back together after your recent spate of unfortunate weather? I note that my in-box is full of discount travel offers to Florida, strangely enough.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Thanks for asking.

I had a direct hit with the last storm and brushes with two others. I have no structural damage, just fallen trees and a rear wooden fence that did not fair well. I have everything cleaned from the fallen trees but I have another to take out. All mulberry trees.

The fence has to wait. I have been out of work since July and can not tap reserves for the fence. Things have been tight around here. We did buy a BQ grill after the last storm. No lights for 8 days. My neighbor had lights the next morning and let me run a cord to the house to keep the refer and freezer cold. At night we could run a room AC and TV or PC. The cable and internet never missed a beat.

Reply to
rllipham