Minor gloat

I had requested opinions on the table saws at HD recently because I have a nice gift certificate there. The majority opinion seemed to be that the Ridgid was a better machine than the Delta 36-675 that they have there. I tended to agree, but I was waiting until after my upcoming wedding to buy the thing, since I wouldn't have time to use it much until then, and I hoped I'd catch a sale or something by then.

Well, yesterday, I was looking at the saws again, and the Delta 36-675 was marked down with a yellow sign to $399, from the normal $529. I asked one of the employees whether that was correct, as I was starting to re-think my decision. She told me the sign was no longer correct. They were having a 50% off yellow tag sale, so it was actually $198!! Before she got the "8" out, I had already told her I'd take it(and then ran around the store looking for more yellow tags).

So I figure I can upgrade the wings and the fence, and still end up spending about the same or a little more than the normal price of this saw. Not too shabby. For once, I've got to love and respect "The Borg"!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Shelley

Damn, you SUCK. Compare what you just bought to a Craftsman for that money and pop the champagne corks.

How come the only thing I ever see at a yellow tag sale is a broken tape measure or bent screwdriver?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Snip of good buy tale

Yep. That definitely qualifies for a "You Suck!"

Congrats.

-Phil Crow

Reply to
phildcrowNOSPAM

Turning the tables on the BORGs! At that price maybe they will drive themselves out of buisness. Nice gloat! That qualifies you for an official "You Suck Award". Rick

Reply to
RampRat

One of the employees told me they just ordered a few of 'em for Christmas, and didn't sell any. So they needed to get all of them out the door fast, and I got the last one. If I'd known earlier, I would have posted something here for others in the Raleigh area, but they were all snatched up. I'd imagine there's a good chance that any other HD's that just recently got this model will eventually have similar sales.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Shelley