Edge Banding Machine Query

Folks -

I may be getting a gig to cut components for 50 knockdown art paper storage cabinets. The client wants them out of ply, with edgebanding. I usu use a household iron, but am thinking that I need some larger artillery. I don't want to drop 8 large on a big machine, and was wondering if y'all had any suggestions?

I came across this Freud machine, but it only got one mediocre review on amazon - and I couldn't find any other feedback about it. Do any of you have this machine?

The panels I am banding are about 60" tall 28" deep, with lots of shelves ~

28 x 36....

Like Ross Perot, I'm all ears...

John Moorhead

Here's the link:

John Moorhead

take a look at

. I don't have direct experience with this tool, but the Griz stuff I do have, has served me well.

mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

machine works fine once you get a feel for how hot and how fast to go. takes a bit of practice and time to set it up but once you get used to it it goes pretty quick.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Schultz

"John Moorhead" wrote in news:6hPwg.11388$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

Rockler had one, at least last year. Certainly less than 8 large. Call the store in Pleasant Hill. They had one on the back shelf for a guy.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

a few years ago when I was looking for one the cheapest I found was the woodtek:

as far as I can tell all of the machines of this class on the market are essentially identical.

Reply to
bridgerfafc

Hey John-

Careful what you get- I've used the really big fancy ones, and even they are a PITA. If you're on a budget, you may want to consider using contact adhesive in a spray gun and a J-roller- the overspray cleans off pretty easily with the solvent (or laquer thinner in a pinch) and it's guaranteed to work. A little stinky, perhaps- but a whole lot less of a headache if you're only doing a few moderately-sized jobs.

Reply to
Prometheus