Dust port Parts

Just installed my new Dewalt 705S -- very nice

The dust port is a 1 3/8 ID / 1 1/2OD. Place for the saw is tight to wall and I am looking for a right angle connector for the dust port.

I've checked Rockler / Lee Valley and while I can find adaptors I cannot seem to locate a 1 1/2 right angle piece.

Anybody know of a place where I can buy 1 1/12 tubing and connectors ? I could probably rig up some PVC from the BORG but I would like to see if I could buy the right stuff

TIA Eric

Reply to
eric

Just got mine as well. Very nice saw. The stock blade was surprisingly decent, though I splurged and bought a Chopmaster for it.

I'm not sure you're going to have much luck finding an exact fit. Two options come to mind:

1) Get the smallest PVC right-angle fitting that fits over the outside of the port. Wrap with duct tape to seal the connection. Adapt from PVC as necessary to connect to vac/DC. 2) If you can find a length of vac/DC hose that fits loosely over the outside of the port (2" maybe?) you may be able to tighten it down with a hose clamp to get a secure connection.

One other bit of advice - based on my experience so far, even with a vac sucking away on the dust port, a LOT of dust goes flying. I'm probably going to put a hood behind mine as well (similar to my RAS hood, which works pretty well). You may be able to build a short-depth hood with a side connection to the DC that would still be better than the hose alone.

-Brett

Reply to
Brett B. Bonner