dreaming of a new bandsaw Christmas

Well I pulled the trigger on a new bandsaw. Bought the Laguna 14SE . I first looked at the saw at the woodworking show two years ago. I was very impressed with the resaw capability. But I had a fine Delta 14 in the garage so I just could justify it. Then at this years show of course I had to go by and look again. I had been thinking about buying a riser kit for the delta. But in the back of my mind I knew I was not going to be happy. I have the 1 hp version and it struggles with 6" resawing. Patience is the word for it. So thinking about wider resawing was also going to require a motor upgrade as well. So when I started adding up the new motor cost, the riser kit, plus I would need a new set of longer blades I was looking at more than $400 (see you can rationalize anything). So I negotiated with the salesman at the Laguna booth. Back and forth but we couple of times but we could reach agreement on the price. So I walked. 3 weeks later they called me. I knew those end of quarter sales numbers would come around. A bit more back and forth and I got the price below the wood show price. So I went for it. The saw, their 1 inch "resaw king" blade (which is really nice) and some smaller blades as well. I can't wait to have 2hp and 12" of resaw capability. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm working on a project right now for a client that is made of Santos Mahogany. Very dense stuff. We'll see how it does. Mark.

visit my site:

Mark

Hmmm...I can't find the trigger on MY bandsaw. where is it on yours, Mark?

Dave

Reply to
David

Laguna is going to be at the Detroit show starting tomorrow, and I would REALLY like to have a Laguna...you wouldn't be perhaps willing to let us know what you got said saw for???

Reply to
wood_newbie

Laguna is going to be at the Detroit show starting tomorrow, and I would REALLY like to have a Laguna...you wouldn't be perhaps willing to let us know what you got said saw for???

Reply to
wood_newbie

"David" wrote

You have to take off the federal mandated trigger lock first.

Reply to
Lee Michaels