drawleaf table fix

you check out the link above, you will see a picture of a dutch drawleaf-dining room table that I designed and built for my son two years ago. The table is made of white oak and finished with catalyzed lacquer. The top is 30mm thick (one inch and change) and the extension leaves store under the top on the ends and can be pulled out and popped up to add 18 inches on each end of the table. I made the top and the leaves as one single glue-up with the grain running the length of the table. Since I used clips in grooves in the apron, the main top has stayed nice and flat, but as you may have guessed by now, the leaves have warped and now the outside edges droop (about 1/4" to 3/8") and the extension is no longer flat and coplaner with the top when extended. I now realize that I should have used a breadboard end (possibly both ends of the extensions) or something, but I was too preoccupied with maintaining the continuous grain pattern from top to the extensions. Now after the wordy problem description, my question is how to fix the problem. My thought is to cut tenons on the ends and add a breadboard end, but how do I straighten the leaves to accept the cross end breadboard piece or is there some other remedy that I could use. Thanks in advance for any thoughts - Rich

Reply to
Rich