does norm ever have kick backs?

I've talked to a number of people lately who have told me about the kickbacks they have experienced.

One guy even told me about a kick back with a tablesaw when he was triming a door.

This brings to mind the question does norm ever have a kickback?

Reply to
william kossack

I'm sure he has, but do you really think they show that on the air? Actually, he is pretty diligent about using featherboards, hold-downs, etc. when needed, so he probably minimizes the liklihood of problems like that. He's been doing this a long time, after all, and he still has all his fingers.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Me too, especially from Porter-Cable....

Reply to
George

Id love to see the NYW blooper reel!!

Reply to
Rob V

I think he gets a kick-back from Minwax.

8>)

Remove the 'remove' in my address to e:mail me.

Reply to
SteveC1280

That's why he wears the beard - to cover up a particularly nasty scar.

Reply to
DL

I believe there's a note on the NYW web site that Norm hasn't made any mistakes, so there'd be no blooper reel.

Reply to
Mike Iglesias

I have yet to talk to a woodworker who hasn't had a kickback of some sort. There's something in human nature, I suppose, that forces us to learn about safety the hard way. I'm sure Norm has had his share of kickbacks, and I'm sure those get edited out along with all his other mistakes.

My grandfather was a coal miner, a railroad stoker, and a general contractor. He died with all his digits intact. If he can do it, I can do it.

Reply to
Jay Windley

That reminds me of the time I got a kickback from my radial arms saw. I almost died with all my digits. If I had been standing directly behind the saw I would have lost my belly button.

Reply to
juan fandango

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Thank god for small targets!

Reply to
JackD

... and that you aren't somewhat taller.

Reply to
Jay Windley

Who cares if he gets kick backs or not ? Have I missed the point of why this question is being posted.

Daniel

william kossack

Reply to
Daniel Martin

I joked with SWMBO about wearing a steel jock after that "accident".

dave

Jay W> | I got one yestday on my TS that bent my belt buckle! Lucky for me the

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Lucky you weren't facing the other way - you wouldn't have been able to speak for days.

Andy Dingley

Humor challenged?

Reply to
George

Groan!

dave

Andy D> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I think I'm going to pass out from laughing so hard...

Reply to
Silvan

Kid at work didn't know how bad an idea it is to hand cut with a table saw. Piece of UMHW hit him in the nuts.

That happened on Wednesday, we didn't see him till Monday. Doctors orders.

Reply to
Mark

All those that say that they never show his mistakes. I did see him break something once.

snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu

Reply to
CW