If you lay new resin on resin that is less than 24 hours, no problems.
If you wait past 24 hours, the existing resin may develop an amine blush
which is easily removed with a ScotchBrite pad and water.
I always sand the old resin with a 24 grit disk before laying new resin
on top of old.
I roughed it up quite a bit before re-epoxing so the epoxy should bond
alright... I hope ;-)
Epoxy is great stuff . I was wondering if a non-toxic variety of epoxy
has been developed yet ?
Lew Hodgett wrote:
In addition to these, there are many non-toxic epoxy coatings.
A two-component, low-viscosity EP48 epoxy has high strength and good
electrical insulation properties. It can be used to seal and coat metallic
and nonmetallic substrates and conforms to Title 21, U.S. Code of Federal
Regulations, FDA Chapter 1, Section 175-105 and 173.300 for food
applications. The epoxy has a 100:75 mix ratio and is 100% reactive. It
resists chemicals and prolonged submersion in water, dilute acids,
alkalines, aggressive organic solvents, ethanol, isopropanol, mineral
spirits, and gasoline. EP48 has a Shore-D hardness of 70+ and a tensile
strength of 5 kpsi. It is available in pint, gallon, and 5-gallon kits.
154 Hobart St.,
Hackensack, NJ 07601,
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.