do you want firmware in your hardware

was reading about some newer hardware and looked at the manufacturer website and there was a reminder to customers to update the firmware
do not want any firmware in my hardware
when it comes to machinery i have to say no unless it is automated like a cnc machine but nothing i have to operate with my hands and be close to
On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 3:04:06 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

Imagine yourself in our position, sitting out here on the ole interweb, reading your post.
Is it possible that you might just want to know what kind of "hardware" the OP is talking about?
On 2/11/2017 4:17 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

NO!! I don't care anymore what EC posts. I hope he stops trolling. Don't feed the troll
--
Jeff

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 6:10:20 PM UTC-5, woodchucker wrote:

Thank you for sharing your feelings.

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 13:17:10 -0800 (PST)

think advanced safety features
On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 11:20:20 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:

Think about posting the exact "hardware" and manufacturer that you mentioned. You said you looked at the "manufacturer website". Why not post a link so that we all have a reference to the issue that prompted your post?
Is there some reason that you are not sharing the specifics of what you are talking about?
On 2/11/2017 3:17 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

No Kidding, I think if there was a firmware update for my Bosch Laser measure I would want to update it, and certainly for my SawStop. And my Calculated Industries fraction calculator on my iPhone. Maybe even my electronic TiltBox angle measure, Calipers etc.
On 2/12/2017 11:49 AM, Leon wrote:

I updated the firmware on my screwdrivers. They work better with a firm grip.
On 2/12/2017 12:08 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Hmmm maybe EC can get a firmer grip on his stick, and spend less time on the internet. :-)
EC I used to think you were a newbie just asking.. Now your pure troll just trolling.
--
Jeff

The rule of thumb with firmware used to be "if it doesn't fix a problem you have or have a feature you want, don't upgrade it." It was just too risky, but with the culture of "kick it out the door, it's got upgradable firmware" I guess that's all changed.
I miss the "don't upgrade unless you have to" way of doing things. It made for a better product, IMO. It also left you stuck if things didn't work out, but that didn't seem to happen too often.
Puckdropper
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 2:07:59 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrote:

It would be nice if the topic drift didn't set in until we actually knew what EC was talking about.
In article <82a4b7ac-5e0f-45f6-9089-
snipped-for-privacy@eznet.net says...

It would be nice if EC knew what EC was talking about. Don't hold your breath.

Teachers have these "prompt books" (not those evil tardy slip things*) to give you something to write about. EC's just kinda a active version of one of them.
Obviously, he doesn't want information, so if the topic skews as soon as he posts a new thread, whatever. You guys are friends I've never met, and I don't talk about just one subject with most of my friends.
*Please, if you have to hold my funeral at 0800, bring my casket in late!
Puckdropper

That's not a problem if you just killfile EC.
On 2/11/2017 3:03 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

My ware is quite firm, thank you very much.
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 12:03:50 -0800, Electric Comet

It's easy to see that you have a software problem.

You'd better walk then. You car probably has a couple dozen computers in it.