Do you sell your work on the web???? We need to work together!

Google's new change in it's search engine has left thousands of mom and pop type businesses like mine out in the cold! You can read about it here:

was number 4 for years when someone searched for flag cases, flag display cases and such, now I show no rank in those searches. If you search for wood flag cases, you'll see I'm still number one, useless to me since it is not a popular search term. One of the new ways google will rank pages is by the amount of links that come in to a page, they've always done this, but now it carries much more weight.

If you sell items on the web and are listed on google or any other of the major search engines(google supplies many of them), it would help both of us to trade links. I link to you and you link to me, as long as we are both not selling the same items it would be very beneficial to both of us.

Thanks, Joe info@(removethis)woodflagcases.com

remove the (removethis) to reply

Reply to
joe

Just curious. If you were to take the domain name "flagcases.com" and re-direct to your page would you get the hits? Of course this assumes the domain is available. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Getting 'hits' is a little more complex than that. There has been a fairly involved set of 'rules' that Google used to decide how to rank a page, consisting of several items in the internal structure of the page, and the number of different pages that linked to yours.

The more cynical amongst us suspect that Google has altered their criteria such that if you don't buy their 'adwords' advertising, you don't rate very high in a search regardless of the content or structure of your site.

-- Howard Lee Harkness Texas Certified Concealed Handgun Instructor

snipped-for-privacy@CHL-TX.com Low-cost Domain Registration and Hosting!

Howard