Splitting willow

I recently laid hands on a willow trunk about 8" diameter and 7' long. Seems I saw something somewhere about splitting this kind of piece into strips for basket weaving ( 'tain't neither OT- it's wood, ennit?) but I'm not having much luck. Anyone have any advice or sources of info? Thanks- Jim Lemon

Reply to
Jimlemon

Get a copy of Foxfire One from the library. Good article on what you seek. Great series.

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania 19428

Tom Watson

On 07 Dec 2003 18:31:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Jimlemon) brought forth from the murky depths:

googlized "splitting willow weaving"

----------------------------------------------------------- --This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels--

Reply to
Larry Jaques

seek. Great series.<

Tom: I thought I was the only one who read the FoxFire books. Lots of good stuff in there.

Tom S.

Reply to
tshiker