How do you work a water neutralizer?

It was left behind by the previous owner. No manuals, no instructions of any kind on the thing. It's a Culligan "Cullneu." We are on a well. I don't have a clue how to use it, but I got my first pinhole leak in a

3/4" copper supply pipe this week so now I guess I'm motivated. Anybody

able to offer advice? Thanks much. Here's some pics of the thing:

Thanks,

-Rick

Reply to
Rick in Pa

Check with Culligan, The7y should be able to provide a manual for you.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Rick-

The water in my area tends to be alkaline so I have no experience with the AN of which you speak

here are some links as a result of a Google search for

Cullneu. water neutralizer

&

culligan water neutralizer

this link gives the best discussion but you need to know your mineral type the media is not cheap if you buy it in small qty

sounds like you just replace the used up media with either

calcite (calcium carbonate) or corosex (magnesium oxide It is food grade magnesium oxide.) or some mix

the way way to tell if you got the right stuff is to check the pH of the raw water compared to the treated water, if you've gotten up near 7 you're probably ok

good luck Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Thanks Bob. Good information. I swear I did a couple Google searches-- you must have the knack.

Reply to
Rick in Pa

yeah, my students call me the web wizard, at least to my face :)

I think they can be amazingly anal, stubborn & geekish behind my back

let me know what you finally decide about the neutralizer recharge (media choice)

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207